Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2021 Round 7 : French GP (Paul Ricard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭DaTown

You have to hand it to the sky boys.

7 years of the Boy who cried Wolff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

DaTown wrote: »
    You have to hand it to the sky boys.

7 years of the Boy who cried Wolff.

I've VPNed myself the BBC radio coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,069 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You're just now allowed crank up the engine for quali and then tune it down for the race

The Mercs might be running different power depending on the condition of the engine, or differences in the setup necessitating a higher engine mode

Only for very limited time

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.qualifying-engine-modes-what-are-the-proposed-changes-and-why-do-they-matter.OI3cSGqWS6mONcBHUFncL.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭christy c

Brundle's reaction to the data, "it's what it says there". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Jesus this banter between Ted and Crofty has to stop

• Advertisement

christy c wrote: »
    Brundle's reaction to the data, "it's what it says there". :)

About the right reaction.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

That is an incredible lap from Max

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭christy c

Buttonftw wrote: »
    About the right reaction.

Yep, looks like it was pulled from someone's bum

• Registered Users Posts: 13,694 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

That was a decent final session.

It will an interesting start for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭McFly85

Wonderful from Max. Still have Merc favourites to win tomorrow, but it should be interesting at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Hopefully Lewis and Max take each other out in turn 1 lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Good lap from max to get pole and he needed it. I’d have like for Perez to P3 instead of P4 but still a good grid for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Great quali. Great lineup for the race tomorrow. Should be a cracker. Is the weather a bit iffy for the early part of the race ?

Zookey123 wrote: »
    Hopefully Lewis and Max take each other out in turn 1 lol.

Get Norris and Perez into the title picture. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Irishjg wrote: »
    Great quali. Great lineup for the race tomorrow. Should be a cracker. Is the weather a bit iffy for the early part of the race ?

What is the order?

Buttonftw wrote: »
    Get Norris and Perez into the title picture. :pac:

Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

cj maxx wrote: »
    What is the order?

VER HAM BOT PER SAI GAS LEC NOR ALO RIC

• Registered Users Posts: 19,873 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Good lap from max to get pole and he needed it. I’d have like for Perez to P3 instead of P4 but still a good grid for tomorrow.

Perez over .450s off Max again. That's very poor. Did he mess up his last run or have traffic or was he just that far off max?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Joeface

Carlos 55 Sainz really coming into a grove with the Ferrari . That was really good sessions by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,978 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Perez over .450s off Max again. That's very poor. Did he mess up his last run or have traffic or was he just that far off max?

Doeant really matter, he just needs to be in play tomorrow

He is doing what Gasly and Albon couldn't do.

• Advertisement

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Doeant really matter, he just needs to be in play tomorrow

He is doing what Gasly and Albon couldn't do.

That's a bit generous. He's behind both Mercedes. So he can only hold then up at undercut pitstops. Doing his job well would mean qualifying second, ahead of Lewis.

He's too far off Max's pace to say he did a good job today. Half a second is too big for a gap between teammates. Lucky the gap to the rest of the field is so big.

That's a bit generous. He's behind both Mercedes. So he can only hold then up at undercut pitstops. Doing his job well would mean qualifying second, ahead of Lewis.

He's too far off Max's pace to say he did a good job today. Half a second is too big for a gap between teammates. Lucky the gap to the rest of the field is so big.

TBF Perez has never been a good Saturday driver. He has been brought in for his race pace which has been for the most part up there with Max. If you look at his results so far this season he has almost always improved from his grid space (excluding imola). I think RB will be very happy with P4 and I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the podium tomorrow.

Zookey123 wrote: »
    TBF Perez has never been a good Saturday driver. He has been brought in for his race pace which has been for the most part up there with Max. If you look at his results so far this season he has almost always improved from his grid space (excluding imola). I think RB will be very happy with P4 and I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the podium tomorrow.

That's a bit revisionist in the first few races he was learning the car and nobody expected him to be on, or near, Max's pace. He wasn't on Max's pace at those races. Winning that race in Baku has done wonders for his pace at the previous races.

Not being within 4 tenths of your teammate in quali is very poor by anyone's standards. I like perez but I'm not going to pretend half a second gap between teammates is a good performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,095 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

RB seem to have found a step over the last 2 races. Thought Merc would have had the pace to be 1-2 here but not the case.

Cracking race potentially, although the strategy will be a massive factor. I do think RB have some pace in their pocket on the hards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Perez up there means that Hamilton could be at risk of an undercut, and also that Hamilton will be hesitant in trying to undercut Max, or to try a two-stopper as in Barcelona if it means having to pass Perez.

That's a bit revisionist in the first few races he was learning the car and nobody expected him to be on, or near, Max's pace. He wasn't on Max's pace at those races. Winning that race in Baku has done wonders for his pace at the previous races.

Not being within 4 tenths of your teammate in quali is very poor by anyone's standards. I like perez but I'm not going to pretend half a second gap between teammates is a good performance.

Perez was brought in as a support act to Max

All he has to do is be in play on the grid and then be a strategy option on Sunday. That's what RB want and that's what he is delivering.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Perez was brought in as a support act to Max

All he has to do is be in play on the grid and then be a strategy option on Sunday. That's what RB want and that's what he is delivering.

Yeah he's doing the bottom tier of the job by being a speed bump for Lewis if he tries the undercut. The top tier would be to actually compete with Hamilton.

It just shows that he's not a top driver or anywhere near being a top tier driver. He's OK, and OK is ... OK. Certainly not a bad driver. A Good no.2.

Yeah he's doing the bottom tier of the job by being a speed bump for Lewis if he tries the undercut. The top tier would be to actually compete with Hamilton.

It just shows that he's not a top driver or anywhere near being a top tier driver. He's OK, and OK is ... OK. Certainly not a bad driver. A Good no.2.

That
    Is
    What
    Red bull
    Want

Not too difficult a situation to grasp.

When Max had his Tyre blowout 2 weeks ago, checo picked up the pieces.

Ah he is more than just OK. He has been taking midfield teams onto podiums for nearly a decade. Yeah he isn't at the max/lewis level but he is still a top driver. And he has made a great start with the RB team showing great race pace including a win already. He was more than just a speed bump in Baku ultimately forcing Lewis into a mistake ensuring Max kept the title lead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Jesus wept :rolleyes:

Carried Force India for years
    Already won a race for RedBull
    Closest anyone in that team has been to Max since Riccardo
    Known to be better in races than qualifying
    Currently 3rd in the drivers championship

Yeah, he's only OK :rolleyes:

Advertisement