Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4/128GB £129 Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Plan on just chucking the Vodafone sim in the bin !

IMO SIMs with an active number should be kept for future use....for example, if Eir or three had a switching offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

I'm sorry everyone, can ye explain to me like I'm five what exactly I have to do? I have a spare 48 sim knocking around, it seems like I can use that?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Red Rua

I'm sorry everyone, can ye explain to me like I'm five what exactly I have to do? I have a spare 48 sim knocking around, it seems like I can use that?

You may have to activate 48 SIM on their site.

On Vodafone site, browse PAYG phones. Choose Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G. Choose 'not a Vodafone customer' and opt to switch number. Cost should be €99.99.

Spec says 64Gb, buy they have delivered 128Gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

It said recurring charge €20?
    I was using my.9 year olds sim.she had it for the covid days and no longer needs it.
    So it came to €99 for the phone but the €20 it said recurring.
    Will they take €20 out every month?
    Sorry if that's a stupid question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

Red Rua wrote: »
    You may have to activate 48 SIM on their site.

You will 100% have to activate the 48 sim to be able to receive the text code to port to VF.

cathy01 wrote: »
    It said recurring charge €20?
    So it came to €99 for the phone but the €20 it said recurring.
    Will they take €20 out every month?

No, they won't, they won't charge you for credit when you buy online either, so you only pay €99.99.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Anybody else find the sound over Bluetooth is very low, hard to hear people on a hands free for instance? One suggestion I saw was to change the region but that made no difference.

Found same with car hands free.
    Quality a bit ruff and dropped Bluetooth connection a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Thinking of changing to this from my One Plus 5T, just wondering is it a worthy upgrade or would I be left disappointed?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Skuxx wrote: »
    Thinking of changing to this from my One Plus 5T, just wondering is it a worthy upgrade or would I be left disappointed?

It wouldnt be too much of an upgrade: you'd be getting a newer device, slightly bigger screen and battery but not that much
    If you wanted a 5g phone, the Note 10 might be a better choice: https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/xiaomi/redmi-note-10-5g.html?gallery=payg

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Ordered the 64gb but the 128 arrived so happy out with this. Great value for 100€

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

just ordered the 10 5G there.

Assuming I actually get the phone, if I don't complete the porting of the number from 48, can I use the same number to buy another one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Found same with car hands free.
    Quality a bit ruff and dropped Bluetooth connection a few times.

Got this at Christmas and find it an excellent phone apart from the Bluetooth connection with my Honda Civic. Connects fine but connection will drop while in a call and then reconnect in a constant cycle making it unusable. Same phone works fine in other car and other phones work fine in the Honda. Head wrecker :mad:

pissed wrote: »
    Got this at Christmas and find it an excellent phone apart from the Bluetooth connection with my Honda Civic. Connects fine but connection will drop while in a call and then reconnect in a constant cycle making it unusable. Same phone works fine in other car and other phones work fine in the Honda. Head wrecker :mad:

I don't know if that's down to the phone, it seems to be semi-random across all cars and phones. Wouldn't surprise me if you took 10 "identical" phones and they all worked fine. Or if 3-5 barely worked at all. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Luck of the draw I guess. Would snap one of the 10's up if I knew for certain the Bluetooth was working. Excellent value at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

I don't know if that's down to the phone, it seems to be semi-random across all cars and phones. Wouldn't surprise me if you took 10 "identical" phones and they all worked fine. Or if 3-5 barely worked at all. :pac:
    Samsung S7 and Mi 9T worked flawless with same car until this.
    Will get rid of bloatware at weekend. Never know.

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Samsung S7 and Mi 9T worked flawless with same car until this.
    Will get rid of bloatware at weekend. Never know.

Fingers crossed.
    Bluetooth seems to be susceptible to seemingly random compatibility issues. Had a party recently, could connect to one speaker but not another, everyone else could connect to the one I couldn't, couple of people couldn't connect to the one I could.:rolleyes: Me on a Redmi note 9, them on old iPhones and Samsungs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Am I right in thinking the Redmi Note 10 does not have NFC? A major minus for me, I use it all the time. I guess at this price point you can't have it all. Current phone is about to kick the bucket, not sure whether this is a deal breaker or not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

It has NFC.

It has NFC.

Oh great, that's the clincher.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Entonces

Has anyone gotten this Note 10 using a lycamobile number ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Also arrived today, ordered a black 64gb model and a grey 128gb model arrived. No complaints.

Have ordered a second for the other half. Fingers crossed this one comes also.

Anyone have any blowback from Vodafone on this ? Plan on just chucking the Vodafone sim in the bin !

I ordered on Sunday with a 48 sim. Again, the order was for a black 64gb model and again a grey 128 gb is what has arrived. That's pretty awesome. Thanks to all above posting about the deal.

The vodafone webshop is something else though. I used two different browsers and eventually had to use incognito mode to get order through. If i made any adjustment or reversed steps in processing order, the cart would show as empty but I couldn't finalise an order for the phone as site kept insisting that I had to empty the cart first...really glitchy.

• Advertisement

same here, grey 128GB arrived this morning. Seems a really good phone for €100. Comes with a screen-protector already applied and a silicone case in the box, and is unlocked.

Successfully ordered the phone using a 48 sim. Got to the page where it confirms order and gives order number. Money also taken from account. Didn't receive an email confirmation which I thought was strange. Rang Vodafone then and quoted the order number they said all was good that they had the order and I'd receive an email within 24 confirming it. Slightly worried but hopefully it works out.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Successfully ordered the phone using a 48 sim. Got to the page where it confirms order and gives order number. Money also taken from account. Didn't receive an email confirmation which I thought was strange. Rang Vodafone then and quoted the order number they said all was good that they had the order and I'd receive an email within 24 confirming it. Slightly worried but hopefully it works out.

I've ordered another one for my son, and didn't get an email either.

loyatemu wrote: »
    I've ordered another one for my son, and didn't get an email either.

When did you order it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭robwen

Exact same for me, order went through this morning with 48 sim but no email confirmation & money taken, let's hope them emails come through, does yours show up here in tracking, all I get is an error code..

https://www.vodafone.ie/df/assistance/track/

When did you order it

today.

robwen wrote: »
    Exact same for me, order went through this morning with 48 sim but no email confirmation & money taken, let's hope them emails come through, does yours show up here in tracking, all I get is an error code..

https://www.vodafone.ie/df/assistance/track/

Also given an error code.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Could someone let me know if this is the lite version of the note 10?

Could someone let me know if this is the lite version of the note 10?

it's the Redmi Note 10 5G
    https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_10_5g-10768.php

• Advertisement

Still no fecking email. Will ring later on my break and chase it up. Anyone else have any luck?

Advertisement