Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brand new import from N.I?

Options
  • 16-06-2021 1:19pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A friend living in N.I. has a brand new car due for delivery in the next week or so.

They have been offered a permanent transfer work wise and it looks likely they'll be based on Galway. This will be happening fairly shortly also.

The car will therefore be exported/imported with minimal miles and won't be 6 months old.

What is the position regarding VRT/VAT/NOX/Customs duty?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭User1998

Looks like they won’t be accepted for a transfer of residence. So it would be 23% VAT as its a new means of transport, but no customs duty. As well as VRT and minimal Nox. They should be able to have the 20% UK VAT removed as the car is being exported

I’d be inclined to not VRT the car if they are still being paid by the UK company and they have a UK address

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Difference in VAT plus VRT would be ok I'd imagine.

They'll be paid by Irish Co. and will be selling up in N.I.

Yeah so 3% of the ex UK VAT price, plus VRT

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ok so here's the details:

Ford Puma ST Line X mHEV 20.75MY. 1.0l 155p.s. 6 speed manual.

OTR price in N.I. STG£21,330.

So what's the VAT and VRT/NOX on that please?

Looks like its coming in at €4390 with a VRT rate of 15.75%. Stat code 41186228 to check yourself

I think the VRT rate should be lower tho because the car was tested using WLTP.

Also I don’t think the Nox emissions will be on the V5 so your friend will need to get a certificate of conformity. I just entered 0.010 which probably won’t be far off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

User1998 wrote: »
    Looks like its coming in at €4390 with a VRT rate of 15.75%. Stat code 41186228 to check yourself

I think the VRT rate should be lower tho because the car was tested using WLTP.

Also I don’t think the Nox emissions will be on the V5 so your friend will need to get a certificate of conformity. I just entered 0.010 which probably won’t be far off

Probably a lot cheaper than buying new here

Casati wrote: »
    Probably a lot cheaper than buying new here

That trim and engine can't be had here.

Advertisement