Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sack Tony Holohan

Options
  • 18-06-2021 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

should he be sacked ?

Comments

No

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PuddingBreath

i'll get me coat

then again. i'd sack the WHOLE civil service and completly privatise healthcare. they've enough blood on their hands at this stage. who doesn't have a horror story relating to ****e care from the HSE? i know i've personally got plenty in my own family.
    i think holohan is a fudger, we can have rapid testing for artics getting on ferrys but not for people getting on planes ? does altitude make covid onset happen ?

Indeed, private healthcare, the system that has demonstrably worse outcomes.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PuddingBreath

we've the worst heallthcare in western europe FFS, something has to change, drastically.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

we've the worst heallthcare in western europe FFS, .

And privatizing the whole thing so you can be like America where having diabetes means you spend 55000 a year on insulin or else just die will be a huge improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

we've the worst heallthcare in western europe FFS, something has to change, drastically.

No we don't.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Yes your lack of knowledge on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

should he be sacked ?

Is he a politician?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is he a politician?

I suspect the OP would have to Google that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Nothing worse an an ill-informed angry person with "ideas".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

What's motivating the Op"s perplexing question? No is the answer

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

What's he gone and done now?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

then again. i'd sack the WHOLE civil service and completly privatise healthcare. they've enough blood on their hands at this stage. who doesn't have a horror story relating to ****e care from the HSE? i know i've personally got plenty in my own family. i think holohan is a fudger, we can have rapid testing for artics getting on ferrys but not for people getting on planes ? does altitude make covid onset happen ?

Thank god this thinking is dying a horrible a slow death, show us a functioning country that has done such a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

i'll get me coat

then again. i'd sack the WHOLE civil service and completly privatise healthcare. they've enough blood on their hands at this stage. who doesn't have a horror story relating to ****e care from the HSE? i know i've personally got plenty in my own family.
    i think holohan is a fudger, we can have rapid testing for artics getting on ferrys but not for people getting on planes ? does altitude make covid onset happen ?

Hah, I've two private surgery stories vs 0 public surgery that were messed up.
    Generally it's the same surgeons in both anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭brucky

He fills a void at the moment that’s why he sounds like a politician. In the current climate the politicians don’t want to criticise particularly the 14-30 year old age group, as they have had it so “tough” over the past 2 years. When they are of voting age this cohort are highly likely to vote for the far left. COVID numbers will now continue to flourish within this age groups as they haven’t yet been vaccinated and refuse to adhere to the advice. A simple example can be seen when the Guards stop the parties and large social gatherings and then get criticised by politicians, particularly the hard left, one for everyone in the audience types. TH finds himself behaving like a politician and filling the vacuum on telling people to cop-on and the politicians hide behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the-island-man

Something I have seen in another jurisdiction is the use of mandatory health insurance coupled with a private health care sector for every individual. Those who were genuinely unable to pay were assisted. The individual could also choose to take a higher excess for a less expensive policy and vice versa. It would seem like something like this will be needed. Can't keep paying half the states budget on prolong it up.

Regards to the OP's question I think Holohan and NPHET are doing their jobs. They're giving scientifically proven advice. The government could choose at any time to follow a different path but they are probably once bitten, twice shy after what happened in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

brucky wrote:
    He fills a void at the moment that’s why he sounds like a politician. In the current climate the politicians don’t want to criticise particularly the 14-30 year old age group, as they have had it so “tough†over the past 2 years. When they are of voting age this cohort are highly likely to vote for the far left. COVID numbers will now continue to flourish within this age groups as they haven’t yet been vaccinated and refuse to adhere to the advice. A simple example can be seen when the Guards stop the parties and large social gatherings and then get criticised by politicians, particularly the hard left, one for everyone in the audience types. TH finds himself behaving like a politician and filling the vacuum on telling people to cop-on and the politicians hide behind him.

So we ll see, a, rapid rise of new far left parties?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Indeed, private healthcare, the system that has demonstrably worse outcomes.

France, and Germany use multilayer and you could arguably call that private and it has very much superior outcomes.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Mod Note

Thread locked. Please read the charter, in particular:
    Please do not start a thread with a 2 line thought that came into your head.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement