Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts and entertainment industry in Waterford,shafted again

• 16-06-2021 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

I see in the latest wave of grants for the Arts and entertainments industry,out of a budget of €25 million,Waterford gets a measly €10,000 .

But who is the lucky recipient ?, spraoi,theatre royal ,garter lane

No, Treacy’s Hotel

Under big band live music,so jacky and Eoin are a big band now

What a ****ing joke

https://www.rte.ie/documents/news/2021/06/lpss-final-list-of-grantees.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Bigoldhouse

Who applied from Waterford and was turned down?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

aziz wrote: »
    I see in the latest wave of grants for the Arts and entertainments industry,out of a budget of €25 million,Waterford gets a measly €10,000 .

No, Treacy’s Hotel

What a ****ing joke

Is true, that's outrageous, hasn't the hospitality industry and I'm particular Hotels has quite enough grant Aid, I understood this latest grant was for the Arts albeit entertainment mentioned, just seems extraordinary given entertainment at a hotel not exactly its main business focus.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭aziz

No idea but I’m sure spraoi would have stuck their oar in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

It's easy to jump in with the 'shafted again ' claim, but I don't know the details of who could apply, and who did apply. I'm sure if the likes of Spraoi fulfilled the criteria they would have applied.
    What I have read, from people who know more about it than me, is that it was focused towards live venues. So maybe this just goes to highlight the fact that Waterford is lacking in dedicated live venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Sounds great. When's it starting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭BBM77

aziz wrote: »

No, Treacy’s Hotel

What a ****ing joke

Nothing is going to change in terms of government funding like this until we start electing better TD’s that have what it takes to become full ministers. Simple as that. This we are been shafted boy thing is pointless.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Nothing to do with Waterford being shafted again, The information I heard today was that there were only 3 groups that applied, one was an incomplete application, one was unsuccessful and one was successful, this could well be hearsay too, but, what I cant get my head around is why the hell did Spraoi and Summer in the City not have applications in for this. Obviously we dont know the names of the applicants other than Treacy's who were successful, but its shameful if Spraoi didnt know about this and werent ready to put in an application.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Nothing to do with Waterford being shafted again, The information I heard today was that there were only 3 groups that applied, one was an incomplete application, one was unsuccessful and one was successful, this could well be hearsay too, but, what I cant get my head around is why the hell did Spraoi and Summer in the City not have applications in for this. Obviously we dont know the names of the applicants other than Treacy's who were successful, but its shameful if Spraoi didnt know about this and werent ready to put in an application.

We are our own worst enemies in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Emanine

If you read the criteria for making an application, there was a clause in it that you couldn't apply if you are in receipt of funds from a Gov department already eg Local Government, Arts Council, etc.

That would have excluded Theatre Royal, Garter Lane, Spraoi for applying.

No such thing as Waterford getting shafted 'again'. we simply don't have the independent live venues to apply for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,339 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

poor ba$tard, some sh1t industry to work in anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Most of what he earned went up his nose anyway

Advertisement