Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2010or 2011 Honda Civic 1.4 litre or 2010/2011 1.2 Ford Fiesta

Options
  • 15-06-2021 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭

I'm considering either of these cars. I don't have a NCB so the lower the litre the better i.e I would pay a higher premium for a bigger litre car. I was just wondering which would you choose? It will be used for the odd short trip and one motorway trip once s week. Basically a run around for weekend use when I return to the workplace in the Autumn because I will be getting the train to work so won't need it during the week. About 5000km of use per annum. Anything to look out for on either car if buying privately as I'll get more bang for buck

Comments

They are completely different sized car. The civic would be my preference but it is a bigger car in terms of size and engine. I think it would be comfortable and better choice as opposed to the fiesta in those years.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Don’t you already have a 2010 or 2011 1.4 Civic?

Your name seems familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭billyhead

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Don’t you already have a 2010 or 2011 1.4 Civic?

Your name seems familiar.

Hi Colm.
    I had one for 9 months but due to a change in job I sold it due to not needing it for the work commute. It was gathering dust. I'm in the market now for a weekend run around. Either a 1.2 litre Fiesta or a black 1.4 Civic. I am not fond of the red colour. The problem is the 2010 or 2011 black 1.4 civic is as rare as hens teeth. The budget I have is 5000. I could stretch to 5,500 for the right car.

Advertisement