Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Facilities in Salthill

• 05-06-2021 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if either of the 'pay' showers (either at Ladies' or BR) are open?

Also loos, are there any open further down in Salthill or just the ones on the prom?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

inisboffin wrote: »
    Does anyone know if either of the 'pay' showers (either at Ladies' or BR) are open?

Also loos, are there any open further down in Salthill or just the ones on the prom?

Thanks

Bump. I am not in Galway right now, and asking for a friend who is passing through this week and wants a swim but always needs a hot shower after :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I'm sorry nobody has replied. Surely there is a swimmer here who is in the know? I go walking there daily but don't use the facilities. I could have sworn I've seen people emerge from the pay loos there and I know at least 1 of them has a shower but I can't be sure.

Maybe you can ask the Blackrock swimming club on FB?

https://www.facebook.com/BlackrockSwim/

I remembered I know a guy at work that goes swimming there regularly. He said he thinks the loos are open but the showers are still closed. He did mention there is a free outdoor shower there but it is not hot. HTH

The loos are definitely open but don't know about the showers, never heard of anyone using them. Free cold shower followed by a hot coffee, be grand! ;)

Thanks! Yeah the shower by the steps is great but she has a condition where she needs a warm shower soon after. Be grand if they were staying in Galway but they are passing through.
    The shower is up by the coffee truck (there’s only one) near those 3 loos.
    There’s maybe another near Ladies’ beach I think. The shower is 20c and actually fairly good, but I haven’t used it for a couple of years.
    Thanks for the links.

inisboffin wrote: »
    There’s maybe another near Ladies’ beach I think.

Yeah there is one as part of the unit at Ladies Beach too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

On a sweltering day in Blackrock, where's the closest place to buy a coke or an ice cream?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,666 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

bobbyss wrote: »
    On a sweltering day in Blackrock, where's the closest place to buy a coke or an ice cream?

Ice cream van usually parks on the street, quite near Blackrock.

But sweltering day? Like when would that be????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Hot public showers and sweltering days!! Is your friends condition hallucinations!?!!!

Hot public showers and sweltering days!! Is your friends condition hallucinations!?!!!

:pac:
    The hot public showers are a lifesaver in the middle of winter if I remember correctly! Perhaps in the middle of summer too! :D

Yeah there is one as part of the unit at Ladies Beach too.

Was walking the prom earlier and checked - the shower seemed to be available. Green vacant light on on the door.

• Advertisement

What friend? :confused:

Was walking the prom earlier and checked - the shower seemed to be available. Green vacant light on on the door.

Yeah could be open, but the top one used to have a green light on the whole time when it was out of action too!

My friend opted for a swim further out near where they were staying, but I'd still love to know. I will check it out this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

apologies for highjacking this, but where are the showers located? will have a match or two in the claddagh over the summer and would be handy to have some sort of a shower before a long drive back. a swim obviously isnt the worst compromise when changing rooms are closed either but some sort of a proper shower wouldnt go amiss all the same

apologies for highjacking this, but where are the showers located? will have a match or two in the claddagh over the summer and would be handy to have some sort of a shower before a long drive back. a swim obviously isnt the worst compromise when changing rooms are closed either but some sort of a proper shower wouldnt go amiss all the same

Here - https://osm.org/go/esfF1KWaa?m=

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Will keep an eye out for this van. I found some recent days sweltering.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

What friend? :confused:

The lady said she was asking for a friend

Not quite - that's the cold outdoor shower. It's in the toilet units at the far end of the green patch at Blackrock.

Also beside Ladies Beach opposite the Galway Bay Hotel (cold outdoor shower here too).

Not quite - that's the cold outdoor shower. It's in the toilet units at the far end of the green patch at Blackrock.

Also beside Ladies Beach opposite the Galway Bay Hotel (cold outdoor shower here too).

Yup. Just one shower (and three loos, up by the little man/woman symbol being showered by rice on their wedding day on DaCor's Map lol). And I can report conclusively that it is open again there. A friend went over today. A regular said they just serviced in the last week or so, so may just be open. This one is usually cleaner thank Ladies' but I imagine both will have less traffic than usual.
    20 c a shower, usually about 15 mins in there and it's decent temp.

Opps, was in a rush when I posted that

• Advertisement

Opps, was in a rush when I posted that

That shower doesn't allow for full monty, the other does! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rustyfrog

• Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭amandstu

Hot public showers?

Never knew they existed.Private ones ,yes but they are quite expensive.

I'm thinking it's some kind of bot like. Practising local language style posting, like so.

Advertisement