Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New development damage to property?

Options
  • 15-06-2021 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,
    I'm looking for some advice in relation to a major development adjacent to a friends house. The property is well over a hundred years old and a large apartment block is to be built on the site next door. It's in an already very built up urban area and they'll be utilising the whole site right up the gable wall. Work hasn't even begun yet but the vibrations from skips being off loaded and the machinary arriving to carry out the demolition of the existing building on site can be felt already, all this so far is within several metres of the house. So there are major concerns before demolition/excavation/building has even started. No one from the developers end has been in contact to discuss what consideration has been taken to protect the house from any damage.
    (Apologies, I'm not sure if this is best posted in a building or legal thread.)
    Any advice on what to do in the situation would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 3 redlake1

Hi, thanks for that. That forum sounds right. I've searched how to move the post but I think what I'm getting is that a moderator has to do this? Or should I begin again? Sorry... newbie and worse again, not tech savvy...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

redlake1 wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for that. That forum sounds right. I've searched how to move the post but I think what I'm getting is that a moderator has to do this? Or should I begin again? Sorry... newbie and worse again, not tech savvy...

The policy in this forum is not to move these wayward posts, as the user tends not to realise they messed up, and the thead would start off in an already de-railed state in the new forum.

You're free to start a new thread in the more appropriate forum, you can just copy and paste the text from your first post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 redlake1

Makes total sense. We learn by our mistakes. Thanks Spear

Advertisement