Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bale net wrap.

• 15-06-2021 9:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭

Hi all,
    My baler guy used some cheap quality net wrap and he said he did two wraps with it , bales didn’t hold their shape and he has put his hands up about it. No problem there.
    My question is what is the best net out there and goes edge to edge for a Fusion 2 and how many revolutions also. TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,103 ✭✭✭amacca

jntsnk wrote: »
    Hi all,
    My baler guy used some cheap quality net wrap and he said he did two wraps with it , bales didn’t hold their shape and he has put his hands up about it. No problem there.
    My question is what is the best net out there and goes edge to edge for a Fusion 2 and how many wraps also. TIA

Always use tama net here ...no problems.

16 wraps if they are being used this winter....24 if need to hold a bit longer or it's very dry or stalky and you think it'll puncture.....

By wraps I just mean one full revolution of plastic around the bale. By wraps I presume you mean he covered the bale fully and then covered it again, either way I don't think wraps means the same thing to the two of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

amacca wrote: »
    Always use tama net here ...no problems.

16 wraps if they are being used this winter....24 if need to hold a bit longer or it's very dry or stalky and you think it'll puncture.....

By wraps I just mean one full revolution of plastic around the bale. By wraps I presume you mean he covered the bale fully and then covered it again, either way I don't think wraps means the same thing to the two of us.

Always use 24 on the plastic
    Thanks about the Tama . Is it 2 or more revolutions for it

jntsnk wrote: »
    Always use 24 on the plastic
    Thanks about the Tama . Is it 2 or more revolutions for it

2 of the net here anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

amacca wrote: »
    2 of the net here anyway

Most lads will try to put on 1.5 rev

Reggie. wrote: »
    Most lads will try to put on 1.5 rev

Can be helpful...less if a wedge of grass sandwiched between layers of netting :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement