Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which TV would you get?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Both look good but check out the Richer Sounds forum for advice and special offers for Boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭cr-07

thegills wrote: »
    Both look good but check out the Richer Sounds forum for advice and special offers for Boardsies.

Great stuff. Will do. Also asked about this one in the shop, but the salesman told me to stay away, as TCL is a rubbish brand:

https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/all-tvs/tcl-65-4k-hdr-premium-qled-android-tv-65c715k.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Would go for the Sony. Don't use Alexa or Google assistant at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭cr-07

Would go for the Sony. Don't use Alexa or Google assistant at all.

Any other particular reason you would choose the Sony over the LG, other than the Alexa/Google Assistant thing? I know some people prefer the brand of Sony, but just wondering if the LG would have better picture quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Probably Sony. It's generally accepted that Sony upscales SD content better than anyone but not sure if that is true for the low end models like the one you've linked. Strangely one of the pro's of the low end Sony tvs is that it doesn't have Android OS. I have a mid range Sony TV from 4 years ago and Android OS is really laggy and buggy.

LG has the best OS going(WebOS). For high end OLEDs LG are also the best but once you start looking at mid to low end LG TVs like the one you've linked the the image quality drops off a cliff. In particular low brightness is the main problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

cr-07 wrote: »
    Any other particular reason you would choose the Sony over the LG, other than the Alexa/Google Assistant thing? I know some people prefer the brand of Sony, but just wondering if the LG would have better picture quality.

Sony seem to have very decent picture for the price bracket. Family members and friends seem to hang on to theirs for a good while.

Bit off topic but if you decide to get a 4K blu ray player to match, skip Sony's offerings as they are quite stagnant. The Panasonic equivalents are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭POBox19

I have an LG 43-NANO, very pleased. Great picture and sound and the Smart remote is a great device. Bought from Power City better price and no delivery charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Go for a philips ambilight, they are a great TV.
    Offer at the moment if you don't like it you can return it in 30 days if you don't like it

Advertisement