Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

No wonder the garage is getting bad reviews...transmission fluid in a manual Golf...........:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Occasionally watcher...

Where is Paul Brennan?

You must have missed tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Will has really brainwashed Phoebe

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ladybrandy

I have an awful feeling Will get of and he will start fooling more people with the Cris was violent towards me and I snapped and Cris will end up having some sort of breakdown with Mairead and Daimen only caring and Phoebe again shouting at her mother
    I hope it doesn't happen it will make people scared to come forward

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

Ladybrandy wrote: »
    I have an awful feeling Will get of and he will start fooling more people with the Cris was violent towards me and I snapped and Cris will end up having some sort of breakdown with Mairead and Daimen only caring and Phoebe again shouting at her mother
    I hope it doesn't happen it will make people scared to come forward

I'd expect we'll get the predictable scenario. It will look like Will is winning throughout most of the trial. Only for something to turn it in Cristiano's favour in the end.

I'd imagine Fair City script writers are conscious of not discouraging abuse victims, of all types, from bringing their story to light.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    I love the idea of Phoebe trying to talk in court.

Shed be destroyed completely by any quarter competent barrister.

Especially considering she was not even around when the assault toke place she was in France

• Registered Users Posts: 30,220 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Wednesday 16th June
    Will ropes Phoebe into his plan to target Dolores, while Juliet plays James at his own game and Ray refuses to accept an unsuspecting Orla as his boss.
    Thursday 17th June
    James makes it clear to Juliet that his rules on exclusivity do not work both ways, while Orla worries that Ray and Doug will never take her seriously.
    Sunday 20th June
    Orla puts her foot down to show Ray and Doug who the boss is, while Juliet plays along with James's rules, but secretly has plans of her own. Dolores agonises over her testimony.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Are Orla and Wayne on a permanent break? I thought she went to Germany to try to sort out their marriage, make it work

Will's injuries were from being ran down by a car after running off after beating Cris

I hope Dolly sticks to being on Cris side

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Are Orla and Wayne on a permanent break? I thought she went to Germany to try to sort out their marriage, make it work

Will's injuries were from being ran down by a car after running off after beating Cris

I bet if they brought up will been run over
    Phoebe been so stupid would believe Cris hired somebody to run Will down

If Doll does not stick by Cris I will be annoyed
    I mean she saw how scared he was I mean the poor man even held a knife in his hand he was that scared of Will that screams emotional damage

I am surprised Jake has not returned to support Cris for the trial

• Advertisement

I am surprised Jake has not returned to support Cris for the trial

Me too
    He would also put Will and his mouth piece phoebe in their places

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭threetrees

I think FC have a social responsibility to show the right outcome and put Will in jail. They are showing him to be manipulative, narcissistic, confident of getting off and twisting the truth, all typical characteristics of an evil abuser.

If FC let Will off, it sends a bad message to both victims and abusers in real life, so they need to do the right thing and lock him up. The story we are seeing now is hopefully just showing how an abuser will act so confident before being sent down.

I think involving Phoebe and brainwashing her is showing how influential an abuser can be. I think she'll cop in in due course, might be after the trial though.....

The whole story is so far fetched that it has no comparison to real life though. I know they have to ham it up as it's a soap but some of the things that have happened are ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,210 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Will could probably tell Phoebe Cris killed him 2.5 times and she would instantly believe it and try to testify accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

threetrees wrote: »
    I think FC have a social responsibility to show the right outcome and put Will in jail. They are showing him to be manipulative, narcissistic, confident of getting off and twisting the truth, all typical characteristics of an evil abuser.

If FC let Will off, it sends a bad message to both victims and abusers in real life, so they need to do the right thing and lock him up. The story we are seeing now is hopefully just showing how an abuser will act so confident before being sent down.

I think involving Phoebe and brainwashing her is showing how influential an abuser can be. I think she'll cop in in due course, might be after the trial though.....

Yes but in real life things dont always end up the "right" way....as i said before i expect he'll get off , for now....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭threetrees

Ah I know in soapland things are not realistic, but this one I think they need to show the right outcome without appeals etc

Sure how come Renee is delighted with a video call, I mean I've been video calling for years, to people who live a mile away, who I see regularly, never mind in Brazil!!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Will was on crutches before that cause he hurt his foot kicking in the bathroom door. He blamed that on Cristiahno. He was also hit by the pot that time.

I don’t know these things but I’d have thought that somebody like Will would have being suspended from work with pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

FC Wardrobe dressing Phoebe the 18 year old (Irish U19s Hockey Team.....will that storyline go anywhere....her stint in France was cut short due to the Will situation and never discussed much subsequently) like a 14 or 15 year old from the 90s.

James & Juliette; he bailed on Mondo; it's not that sort of a relationship Jules; I'd be wierded out if I was Mondo for sure.

Ray & Doug; Ray will be pulling rank "I'm a Shop Steward" soon enough which will bring Olwyn back in surely? That storyline last week could've waited perhaps?

Love Sashs outfit; FC Wardrobe got that right.

But the garage storyline; please don't go down the "Sure what would a woman know about that stuff?" esp. since Robyn was a mechanic in previous years; seemed to head that way last night with some comments about Orla.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I don’t know these things but I’d have thought that somebody like Will would have being suspended from work with pay.

So did I, I can't understand how he is allowed to continue working having being charged :confused:

• Advertisement

jos28 wrote: »
    So did I, I can's understand how he is allowed to continue working having being charged :confused:

I found it strange it was a bit like he just demanded the job when Dolorus tried to get rid of him.

Also, where is Bronoagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I would have thought that anyone working in a medical clinic would have to be Garda vetted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭Deeec

jos28 wrote: »
    I would have thought that anyone working in a medical clinic would have to be Garda vetted

I would hope so...... but we have to remember the medical clinic is owned and ran by Dolores who is a hairdresser with no experience of running a medical practice or professional medical experience. I dont know if this situation could happen in real life where anyone can open a medical centre.

Is Alex and Phoebe doing the leaving cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Alex is in college

I don’t know.
    I got the impression Alex was at college a while ago.
    Remember Cristiano kidnapped him in a van?
    (I hope they bring that up in the trial)
    I think he was still doing essays for it tough.

Alex is in college
    Phoebe likely to has finished school as I presume her and Alex are the same age
    Phoebe doesn't behave like somebody that is 18 shouting all the time not wanting to hear anybody else's side when it comes to Will
    10 year old Ruth and Jr are more mature than Phoebe lol

I don’t know.
    I got the impression Alex was at college a while ago.
    Remember Cristiano kidnapped him in a van?
    (I hope they bring that up in the trial)
    I think he was still doing essays for it tough.

Yes I remember Cris felt sorry for Alex missing out on a normal college experience and was like I saw this movie last night
    Phoebe loudmouth might try and us it against him and go he kidnapped Alex

pjohnson wrote: »
    Will could probably tell Phoebe Cris killed him 2.5 times and she would instantly believe it and try to testify accordingly.

He would tell her Cris chopped of his arms and sewed them back again and she would believe him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Ladybrandy wrote: »
    Alex is in college
    Phoebe likely to has finished school as I presume her and Alex are the same age
    Phoebe doesn't behave like somebody that is 18 shouting all the time not wanting to hear anybody else's side when it comes to Will
    10 year old Ruth and Jr are more mature than Phoebe lol

To be fair to the FC SWs (Scriptwriters for anyone new to how I post) at least they're giving characters & actors + actresses of same age (Alex-Phoebe-Juliet're all in or around same age on & off screen) different personalities; it's too easy to pigeon hole that age group like they've done with Juliets character; vacuous & influencer types.

Think they could do more with Alex though.

Advertisement