Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Lessons: Mayo Galway Sligo

Options
  • 12-06-2021 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

Hi there, mid candicapper here, have a terrible slice. Been working on it with a few different people but never can get consistent help.
    At this point I think I need someone with a trackman and actually know how to use it.

Who does people recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Tom Ghostwood

David Ruddy is teaching out of Cregboy range now in Galway. Top coach 👌 http://davidruddygolf.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

David Ruddy is teaching out of Cregboy range now in Galway. Top coach 👌 http://davidruddygolf.com

2nd this, had an hour lesson with him few weeks ago and very happy with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dr Devious

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    Hi there, mid candicapper here, have a terrible slice. Been working on it with a few different people but never can get consistent help.
    At this point I think I need someone with a trackman and actually know how to use it.

Who does people recommend?
    Mid handicapper with a slice? Trackman won’t be much addition to you there. It’s your swing path that the root cause, the pro will spot that right away. I’m more intrigued as to how to you got a “mid handicapper” with a slice.

Once you know WHY you doing something wrong it’s a big help in correcting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Dr Devious wrote: »
    Mid handicapper with a slice? Trackman won’t be much addition to you there. It’s your swing path that the root cause, the pro will spot that right away. I’m more intrigued as to how to you got a “mid handicapper” with a slice.

Very rarely is the swing path the root cause, bad path is usually a reaction to something else. And clubface being open is a bigger factor than path. You could have an in to out swing and still hit a slice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Dr Devious wrote: »

Case in point as to why I want a good instructor.
    There are 100 different reasons why a slice comes.
    and 100 different variations of each reason.

Internet advice is always snobbish and often incorrect.
    for me I think its to do with holding a lag in my snap, but I cannot correct on my own, Been to 2 different Pros, but both were of little use.

• Advertisement
Advertisement