Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do it

Options
  • 10-06-2021 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Just after watching this, honestly not impressed I think it's definitely the weakest of the series.

**Spoilers**
    A lot of it was same old same old but things are done a bit differently considering there's more of a human threat and no specific demon threat, plus more of the same jump scares that I didn't really find effective this time.

I found the occultist interesting and it had potential but found the story a bit muddled, would of been more interesting had she summoned an actual specific demon but in the end she doesn't really summon anything specific, lets the film down.

By no means the worst horror film out there but definitely the weakest conjuring

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Terrible movie. Looked good and had the same core cast, but it definitely lacked director James Wan's skill and imagination. Screw you Aquaman for taking him! There were some ok jump scares, but very little sense of dread: watching the second one, the sense of dread I experienced was unrelenting and when a scare came I nearly **** myself. I was terrified for the entirety of that movie, and there were so many memorable scary bits. This one you can see the scares coming a mile away. It's also a little too similar to 70s demonic possession movies like the Exorcist. I've seen this type of movie done before, and a lot better. I'd say the franchise is dead after this. There were only two good movies in the Conjuring universe anyways, the first two Conjuring movies themselves. Annabelle and all the other ones were crap.

Advertisement