Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor lunch with a young child

Options
  • 12-06-2021 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

I'm looking for ideas for a suitable place to get lunch outdoors in the current restrictions with a young baby in Meath

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭ongarite

If you are near Ashbourne, I would recommend the Donkey Shed at NewBarn Farm.
    They have outdoor dining facilities & you can then wander around to see the animals with your baby.
    So, what's the quack with the Donkey Shed?

Well the quack is as follows ....
    The whole farm is closed tomorrow, Bank Holiday Monday, to allow the Donkey shed team make the final preparations for our reopening on Tuesday.
    The Farm will be back open on Tuesday with the farm shop opening at 9.00 and the Donkey Shed open at 9.30 for outside dining/breakfast al'fresco.
    Our Kitchen team have made some changes across all the menus, and have added some delicious new dishes.
    We are lucky that we have plenty of space to safely accommodate plenty of customers but there will be some restrictions in place!

-To ensure that we have safe physical distance between tables, we will be unable to seat groups larger than 6 and in the cases of some of our tables, less than that.

- We still need to carry out contact tracing and will require a contact name and phone number from each table.

- Everyone over 13 is required to wear a mask until they are seated at a table , and put back on their mask when they leave their table.

- We have a lot of extra cleaning to do so it may take longer to be seated, please be patient and kind!

-Mostly though we are just looking forward to having you back, sitting down, eating of plates!

The Restaurant will be walk-in only, but if you have to or want to wait for a table, we have plenty of space for you to do so safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,636 ✭✭✭Xander10

glut22 wrote: »
    I'm looking for ideas for a suitable place to get lunch outdoors in the current restrictions with a young baby in Meath

where suits location wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭glut22

Xander10 wrote: »
    where suits location wise?

Anywhere really, I guess around dunboyne/dunshaughlin/ratoath/ashbourne/navan/trim/kells

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

I would second the donkey shed

Advertisement