We are adding another update tonight [Fri 23rd July] at 2am. Some users will experience intermittent connection issues to possible down time on the site around that time and the hour or two after. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Best alternative to google photos?

Registered Users Posts: 883 subscriber

Recently switched to Google Photos for storage from OneDrive and after a bit of use, I think Google Photos leaves a lot to be desired.

I don`t want to go back to OneDrive as it was costing 8 quid a month which is too pricey just to store photos.

Wondering what the consensus is what what other cloud storage is good for online backup of photos? I have approx 20 GB to back up.

I would be looking for a service that would have an android app available so photos automatically back-up over wifi from my phone as I take them. I don`t want to be worried about having to manually back up photos at intervals.

Thanks

Comments

How about using opensource and free software that can handle the task at hand? I know one which I'm using now for 2 years.

subscriber wrote: »
    Recently switched to Google Photos for storage from OneDrive and after a bit of use, I think Google Photos leaves a lot to be desired.

I would be looking for a service that would have an android app available so photos automatically back-up over wifi from my phone as I take them. I don`t want to be worried about having to manually back up photos at intervals.

Thanks

Can I ask what exactly are you requirements. If it's as simple as you've outlined (android app to back up automatically) surely google photos perfectly suits your requirements. What was it about photos that left a lot of be desired?

Bump.

My Google storage is almost full (15GB). Mainly from Google photos, also Gmail and Google Drive.

Where is best to store documents/photos? Other than paying the €2p/m or €20p/a for a Google upgrade?

Bump.

My Google storage is almost full (15GB). Mainly from Google photos, also Gmail and Google Drive.

Where is best to store documents/photos? Other than paying the €2p/m or €20p/a for a Google upgrade?

I use google photos and amazon prime.,

OneDrive is free up to 5GB.
    You could try to delete or move your large emails (attachments) to free up space?

I love Google Photos though, the object/facial recognition is fantastic, as is the location heatmap.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.