Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best alternative to google photos?

Options
  • 17-12-2017 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Recently switched to Google Photos for storage from OneDrive and after a bit of use, I think Google Photos leaves a lot to be desired.

I don`t want to go back to OneDrive as it was costing 8 quid a month which is too pricey just to store photos.

Wondering what the consensus is what what other cloud storage is good for online backup of photos? I have approx 20 GB to back up.

I would be looking for a service that would have an android app available so photos automatically back-up over wifi from my phone as I take them. I don`t want to be worried about having to manually back up photos at intervals.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 gearoid!

How about using opensource and free software that can handle the task at hand? I know one which I'm using now for 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭gmacww

subscriber wrote: »
    Recently switched to Google Photos for storage from OneDrive and after a bit of use, I think Google Photos leaves a lot to be desired.

I would be looking for a service that would have an android app available so photos automatically back-up over wifi from my phone as I take them. I don`t want to be worried about having to manually back up photos at intervals.

Thanks

Can I ask what exactly are you requirements. If it's as simple as you've outlined (android app to back up automatically) surely google photos perfectly suits your requirements. What was it about photos that left a lot of be desired?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Bump.

My Google storage is almost full (15GB). Mainly from Google photos, also Gmail and Google Drive.

Where is best to store documents/photos? Other than paying the €2p/m or €20p/a for a Google upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭snor

Bump.

My Google storage is almost full (15GB). Mainly from Google photos, also Gmail and Google Drive.

Where is best to store documents/photos? Other than paying the €2p/m or €20p/a for a Google upgrade?

I use google photos and amazon prime.,

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

OneDrive is free up to 5GB.
    You could try to delete or move your large emails (attachments) to free up space?

I love Google Photos though, the object/facial recognition is fantastic, as is the location heatmap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement