Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Belfast

Options
  • 11-06-2021 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I've booked 3 days in a hotel in Belfast City Centre in August with my wife and 2 children 10 and 12. I've been to Belfast passing through many years ago and my old preconceptions of the place have stopped me from going back or ever actually spending time there. So no I'm just looking for recommendations of things to do, where to eat, drink and be merry and how to pass the time with the smaller people during the day.

We plan in touring a good bit of the North so not limited to just Belfast. Thank you folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Surely there must be something to do =)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Rustyman101

Surely there must be something to do =)

Recommend doing a black taxi tour, very interesting if you like modern history, Titanic tour and W5 is worth a look its in the titanic quarter, my kids loved it but they are younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,108 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The Titanic exhibition is worth a visit.

W5 is good too.

There's a new place called Vertigo, where you can do that freefall over a big engine, and also high level walkways. Check their website.

Gobbins Cliff path might be a nice family thing to do, as long as weather is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Thanks folks. Titanic def on the list. Probably head north to the rope bridge too all going well. Cliff walk sounds interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Rustyman101

Thanks folks. Titanic def on the list. Probably head north to the rope bridge too all going well. Cliff walk sounds interesting
    W5 is only across the green from Titanic. Lovely beaches further north,giants causeway as well but Deffo do the black taxi tour, I brought my kids the were grand for the 2 hours. When I go back up miltown cemetery will be on my list but I'm a history need....

• Advertisement
Advertisement