Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boardsies Greatest - Most Overrated Song [Nominations close 19th July]

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I'm going to have a go at coming up with 10.

I have a few straightaway, but will be looking at the recent 80s and 90s tournaments for more inspiration. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I feel this game, may get me angry.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Kolido wrote: »
    Stats so far

PMs | 17
    Unique song | 138
    Most noms for a single song| 4
    Most songs nominated by the same act| 11

Given the content of my PM, and the most songs by the same act, I have a feeling I know the act :D Hope I'm not wrong... In which case, are those songs really overrated of everyone feels the same way? Who are they overrated by?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

My ten nominations were an average of 2 per artist. Though the most I nominated was 3 for any one artist.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mine are mostly songs I dislike, but they are / have been very popular (apparently). More than one nomination for two artists in particular.

This thread is going to be fun. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

We have 170 songs now.

I would like to start this next week after the site migration, though I don't know what the schedule is for the other tournaments, don't want to clash with anyone. Nominations are still open anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

We have 170 songs now.

I would like to start this next week after the site migration, though I don't know what the schedule is for the other tournaments, don't want to clash with anyone. Nominations are still open anyway.

Niamh mentioned in the feedback thread that the site migration will be postponed so this should clear next week a bit more :).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

We have 170 songs now.

I'm waiting on Necro to finish his first

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

ShaneU wrote:
    I'm waiting on Necro to finish his first

Fire ahead of me Shane, sorry didn't realise I was holding people up :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

When will his be happening? I know that there is a delayed site migration due to take place soon.

• Advertisement

Thought I might have had it started today, going to see how Im fixed in a few days.

What's the latest on this contest?

July 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

July 19th

Ah good auld July 19th...

The day Galway was liberated from the Indians, Marathon became Snickers, and the Ice Age ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Still taking song submissions ?

Rikand wrote: »
    Still taking song submissions ?

Yep, as long as it is not Bon Jovi.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,273 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yep, as long as it is not Bon Jovi.

Too many Bon Jovi songs submitted already? Probably fair to limit them now so to give other songs a chance.

Same closing date?

Yeah still plan on starting Monday. Hopefully we have all got to grips with the new site by then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

There'll probably be a need for a separate discussion thread on this

• Advertisement

Do you still have the PM I sent during the previous era of Boards?

Actually missing all PMs for this bar 3. I do have all the noms recorded though, or at least I think all. I will make a list tomorrow of who sent noms and see if Im missing anyone. Thanks for tip Decks.

I have sent mine again.

I have the nominations from these folk, if you are missing, please pm me again.

Necro

Mack

Baybay

Declan

QB

cdeb

LeVar

Vale

Sawduck

Channel

Purple

Homer

Shane

2D

Liz

What.Now

CeeJay

Mam

Rikand

Zaph

Hilda

Niska

Kolido

Live thread with an early preview is now up. Be sure to bookmark and see you all tomorrow.

https://boards.ie/discussion/2058199402/boardsies-greatest-most-overrated-song-live-thread/p1?new=1

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

So glad you have mine because if I had to send them to you again, I'd be at a loss. Honestly can't remember what I nominated now.

Advertisement