Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs that you're getting old

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

When you piss up against a wall and the pressure just isnt there anymore to piss upwards more than a few inches.
    Back in my youth we used to have competitions where last place would be about 6ft high on the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Would you believe that when I was about 10 years of age my mate and myself each got a signed poster of this attractive young lady? I sh*t you not. :D

...her name is Sandy. :)
    Do you know where she lives, I would like to get in touch with her:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

JimmyVik wrote: »
    When you piss up against a wall and the pressure just isnt there anymore to piss upwards more than a few inches.
    Back in my youth we used to have competitions where last place would be about 6ft high on the wall.
    Likewise when your cum shots only reach your bellybutton instead of the headboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Likewise when your cum shots only reach your bellybutton instead of the headboard.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ruggabugga101

Grey pubes - they've started....never thought I'd say it but might just shave it all down there lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Mimon wrote: »
    Thanks for that, definitely brought it back to me. What was the ad for the video cassettes with the skeleton? Toshiba?

Edit: Looks like I was mixing up the Toshiba and Scotch video tapes ad.

Rerecord, not fade away, Rerecord not fade away...

Knowing about TV ads is in itself a sign of age. My kids literally don't understand that on live, linear TV, you have to wait for three minutes before the show comes back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Going to bed when its still light out.
    9.30 yesterday,its getting earlier.
    But i do be "tired"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

I have to sit down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

You increase your pension contributions.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I know the lyrics to censored music

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

When you don’t read the jokes on penguin wrappers anymore.

Not sure whether it's getting old or just confirmation of middle-aged excellence (ahem), but I keep a marker near the fridge and when I open stuff like a jar of olives, I write the date of opening on the top. Othwerwise I'd forget and instructions like 'Consume within 6 weeks' would be meaningless.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,853 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

dubstarr wrote:
    Going to bed when its still light out. 9.30 yesterday,its getting earlier. But i do be "tired"

Love going to bed early now
    Not sure whether it's getting old or just confirmation of middle-aged excellence (ahem), but I keep a marker near the fridge and when I open stuff like a jar of olives, I write the date of opening on the top. Othwerwise I'd forget and instructions like 'Consume within 6 weeks' would be meaningless.

When it smells like death, or looks like it, its time to bin, otherwise, tis grand

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Esho

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Love going to bed early now

When it smells like death, or looks like it, its time to bin, otherwise, tis grand

That's a sign of age - disregard of new fangled use by dates!

rom wrote: »
    You increase your pension contributions.

LOL. That is a sign that you have given up on your life and are now realizing you need to getting ready for the last part of it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tec Diver

I was recently asked for a job reference by a mate...for his son!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Rerecord, not fade away, Rerecord not fade away...

Knowing about TV ads is in itself a sign of age. My kids literally don't understand that on live, linear TV, you have to wait for three minutes before the show comes back on.

This. When my 4 year old watches something on YouTube she can skip the adverts, for the most part. When we go to Granny and Grandad she doesn't understand why she can't skip the adverts. I've tried to explain but it's a tough concept for her to grasp. I'm 44 btw.

You give the Playstation controller to your 7 year old to help you when you get stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

You watch ads on tv, you watch rte TV news at 6pm
    Gen z gets news from online sources,
    You don't understand the latest memes. The shows you used to watch are being rebooted
    . You can remember a time when MySpace or Bebo was the hot social media website
    You downloaded songs on napster
    You had a cd Walkman or a original Walkman
    You have a box full of old albums on cassette
    you can remember a time when only tech nerds used the internet
    You remember the ps1 or the snes console
    You remember the late late show with gay byrne

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

When your friends kids are doing the leaving cert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

James 007 wrote: »
    Do you know where she lives, I would like to get in touch with her:rolleyes:

Mod: GDPR says no.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

When it smells like death, or looks like it, its time to bin, otherwise, tis grand[/QUOTE]
    Im both :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,052 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Was in the pub earlier, surrounded (2m away) by people that were loud, smoking, and young. Can yous not be quiet and smoke over there and put on some clothes? My first re-opening old man moment

Edit: also the fact this was posted before 10pm and im back home

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

When the nephew you held in your arms as a newborn baby in 2001 is now finishing his second year in university.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭sporina

when you hear a song on Classic Hits FM that was out when you wer in your 20's :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

Oasis & Blur > 25 years ago :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

When people start buying you all your clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 28,468 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

grenache wrote: »
    I listen to Ronan Collins 12-1 show on RADIO 1 every day. It’s one of the very few shows on Irish mainstream media that plays oldies tunes like stuff from The Eagles, Elvis, Roxy Music, etc. All other mainstream stations are obsessed with EDM or alternative $hite. Whatever happened to good auld rock ‘n roll? RTE Gold is my normal go-to station for music most days.

I enjoy watching the odd episode of Nationwide.

I don’t do impulsive buying while shopping anymore, every penny counts.

My hair is thinning.

I’m 37, going on 60.

Try John Creedon on RTE Radio 1 in the evenings. You'll never look back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

When you watch programs on rte 1 that are not comedys drama, s or reality TV or sport.
    When you develop an interest in gardening or local politics
    When you are happy to chat about what's the best pension funds investments or mortgage
    when you go to a supermarket and buy a few items just cos it's 50 per cent off or 2 for one
    When you can't stand to spin 1038 fm as all the songs sound the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,445 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

When you wish you were the tin man in The Wizard of Oz and someone was there with the oil can to loosen your joints on a cold morning.

Advertisement