Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Meta Quest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Can AirLink be used for Epic games or does that still require Virtual Desktop?

I have a few like Star Wars Squadrons and Trover, which I don't think can be added to the Oculus menu

McDermotX wrote: »
    On that note, my Elite Strap has developed the crack. So much for the sorted production issues - it'll be getting fired back to them.

How is this replacement process coming along?
    Just curious what the typical waiting time is for each replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭maik3n

Not a Product recall as such but something to be mindful of.
    http://support.oculus.com/1504463656600795

It's in relation to the Facial Interface. ;)

maik3n wrote: »
    Not a Product recall as such but something to be mindful of.
    http://support.oculus.com/1504463656600795

It's in relation to the Facial Interface. ;)

yup a few of us have availed of that a few posts ago... new one is much nicer, but when my Frankenquest is finally set up it should be perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

There's a new strap in town with a decent mount for a battery pack!

553826.jpg

It also seems to solve the issue of having the side clamps slide back with the halo strap as you can see in the video on AliExpress: (forgive the referral link Im on mobile and it's the only way I can share it easily, AliExpress share links are now referral links from the app)

€ 22,14 40%OFF | Adjustable Head Strap Compatitable For Oculus Quest 2 Accessories Enhanced Head Strap Headband For Oculus Quest 2 VR Accessories
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMiaU2N

It's also available on the Amazon if you do a search for Jayol Oculus but it's double the price:

553827.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I watched the arsenal v tottenham match a couple of months ago and it was cool. There's 4 different positions around the ground, I found middle high to be the best. You basically have a view of the whole pitch below you and a big screen above it showing the TV coverage.

When crowds are back it will be better too as it feels a bit weird with the mpty stands at the mo.

Sky Worlds are showing the Man City-Everton match today, so we should hopefully be able to see what it's like with a bit of a crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Do they have to have a specific camera set up in the ground they are choosing for the vr game or is it just using the existing cameras? Could they not offer match choice.

I'll give it a go today just to see what it's like for a bit but I won't be watching 90 mins of a dead rubber game while Liverpool are playing in a meaningfull one.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Do they have to have a specific camera set up in the ground they are choosing for the vr game or is it just using the existing cameras? Could they not offer match choice.

I'll give it a go today just to see what it's like for a bit but I won't be watching 90 mins of a dead rubber game while Liverpool are playing in a meaningfull one.

Yes, they need specific equipment to film/broadcast for VR.

Yet another halo strap:

Also, ForeVR Bowling looks like a Premium Bowling killer:

Anyone else fed up of seeing BMF exaggerated hand gestures? ;)

Sky Worlds are showing the Man City-Everton match today, so we should hopefully be able to see what it's like with a bit of a crowd.

Did you watch? What was the experience?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,133 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is the CL final on sky worlds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Doge wrote: »
    Yet another halo strap:

Also, ForeVR Bowling looks like a Premium Bowling killer:

Anyone else fed up of seeing BMF exaggerated hand gestures? ;)

It looks fun, but think the studio who made this paid him to do the video :D

kerplun k wrote: »
    It looks fun, but think the studio who made this paid him to do the video :D

Yeah he said it's a sponsored video. Still looks great though.

All it needs is a jukebox at the side which has a browser where you can play music to give it more atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Anyone got a link to a good cable for Link? I tried the included charging cable, works pretty good but I think quality could be better, plus the usb-c port on my PC is on the front and I read using rear IO directly on the motherboard is faster?

So a decent high speed usb-c to usb-a cable? Seems to be a lot of misleading product titles on Amazon (big surprise).

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

EGriff wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to a good cable for Link? I tried the included charging cable, works pretty good but I think quality could be better, plus the usb-c port on my PC is on the front and I read using rear IO directly on the motherboard is faster?

So a decent high speed usb-c to usb-a cable? Seems to be a lot of misleading product titles on Amazon (big surprise).

Amazon basics works fine for me https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Double-Braided-Type-C-Silver/dp/B07D7N96FL?pd_rd_w=oltke&pf_rd_p=4ddec28b-0bfa-4e76-822d-e17d334544a9&pf_rd_r=CDVHSR9PXK9TSCZWKQME&pd_rd_r=b5fcfada-38af-411e-ad7e-a6b3723e305c&pd_rd_wg=xIj9D&pd_rd_i=B07D7N96FL&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_m_rp_1_sc

I use it with an extension: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01FQ88CE6?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title&th=1

Works for me, but honestly I'd just do air link now. I bought a Wi-Fi access point with good 5Ghz speeds and that does the job just as well.

Check your emails folks.
    I just got the Oculus30 code added to my account again.

These are account specific and pretty random at the best of times.

Think I'll splash out on ForeVR Bowl.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Check your emails folks.
    I just got the Oculus30 code added to my account again.

These are account specific and pretty random at the best of times.

Think I'll splash out on ForeVR Bowl.
    I've never got one of these , I'd love to now what the criteria is.

Dr Bob wrote: »
    I've never got one of these , I'd love to now what the criteria is.

Names drawn out of a hat by the looks of things!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭VanZan

I got a "€8 credit added to your account" email about half an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭druss

I just got a 30% code as well. I have had a break from them in the last while, but it's a reasonably generous platform!

• Advertisement

Had an absolute blast in ForeVR Bowl tonight, played single player so far but it's so addictive I played til my headset went dead!

They have licensed music too like Eye of the Tiger, The final countdown and Don't Fear the Reaper to name a few. The proper original songs. It really adds to the atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭bullpost

Had an absolute blast in ForeVR Bowl tonight, played single player so far but it's so addictive I played til my headset went dead!

They have licensed music too like Eye of the Tiger, The final countdown and Don't Fear the Reaper to name a few. The proper original songs. It really adds to the atmosphere.

I got the 30% discount also - 2nd. time getting it. Might go for the bowling app. - Seems like fun.

been with Oculus since 2017... never received these, on either of my 2 accounts (my Oculus one and my fake Facebook one)

Got another 30% off. Bought the thrill of the fight

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,133 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got €8 credit rather than 30% off. Is there any sales coming up I wonder.

Is this via the app, or are you getting emailed?

mrcheez wrote: »

Notification in the app on my phone popped up the other day. I think it's the third time I've got free credit since I got the headset.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Notification in the app on my phone popped up the other day. I think it's the third time I've got free credit since I got the headset.

ah that might be it, I never use the app

mrcheez wrote: »

Mine on the app

• Advertisement

Mine on the app

does it appear under Notifications or just flash up on screen when you open the app?

I never check the Notifications as it's usually just "Recommended" crap that I ignore, so it's possible I received a voucher and never looked.

Advertisement