Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Doge

I have it too! Sadly my drawing skills aren't up to scratch but it's fun. You can import stencils too and browse a lot of banksys stuff pre loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Damn man, you must have most apps, how much have you spent on the store? 😆

Haha not that much! We just have good taste! ;)

you should see the size of the steam libraries some boards users have! 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Did anyone try use their quest yesterday? I know the store was down, but wonder what other services were impacted. I Didn’t get a chance to login myself and see. Guessing stuff like scoreboards and multiplayer was down and basically anything else that required a connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭brady12

have you heard theres defo something coming ?announcement wise ?

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed we get compo again 😅

€8 last time I think?

Song in the Smoke came out of nowhere.

Without Parole gave it 10/10 on PSVR and the Quest reviews seem outstanding.

I wasn't going to pick up anything before Res Evil 4 but damn...

finally bought one 😅already bought half life alyx on sale ages ago on steam in preparation !

what are the essential VR games bar half life alyx ?

• Advertisement

This is the Quest thread, so you mean Quest games right?

i think McCheezy was asking if you were just looking for Quest specific games as this was a Quest thread.

anyhews, as I mostly like cinematic type games and escape rooms, my top 5 recommendations for Quest games would be

Star wars, Vader immortal & TFTG

The Room

Walking dead

Red Matter

I expect you to die 1 & 2

Bonus recommendation goes to Skybox. Watching movies in cinema VR is great fun.

i still haven’t got a good gaming PC yet so I don’t have any Rift/PC recommendations for you.

For PC games, Lone Echo is a great one to start with (Oculus-exclusive).

In Death is sublime too.

Superhot VR is essential (make sure you get the VR version not the flat-screen game)

thanks guys , appreciate it

Lone Echo 2 was released today, so you can get both Lone Echo and Lone Echo 2 as part of a bundle here

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/2953440614986081/

Big sale on Oculus Quest games at the moment for the anniversary.

Think I might pick up Real VR Fishing ... but In Death Unchained is also on sale which is superb if you don't have it

Random, irrelevant question….

If you could pick an upgrade between

1.) Updated of the current model with 10fold improvement on performance. Basically PC gaming on standalone, but kept the same size and weight and comfort.

or

2.) performance remains the same but upgrade improves on comfort with huge reductions in weight and size.

Pretend linking to PC isn’t an option. You can only pick one upgrade, and why?

Post edited by kerplun k on

1) for sure... assuming existing construction is the same, since you can easily snap on more "comfortable" straps like the Vive DAS

It would be amazing to be able to play Lone Echo 2 at full resolution natively on the Quest 2

ah, I dunno. I’m 3 straps in and still haven’t found one that gives optimum comfort. 2 hours is about as much I can manage. Games like Walking Dead, and hopefully upcoming titles like RE4 and Medal of Honour are showing that devs are really starting to optimise it. Think I’d prefer a next gen to work on comfort over performance.

• Advertisement

Have you tried the DAS?

Really can't fault it, particularly when a battery counterweight is added

nope, just different types. I’ve used the Halo, fake elite and OG strap. It’s just the weight of the dam thing. I’m afraid that using FrankenQuest would probably be just a waste of money. Especially giving various reviews ranking the OG Elite as the best. If anything I’d probably go for that one, but again the ranking reviews put the Elite only marginally ahead of the fake one for comfort.

Halo for watching movies is great, but for gaming, it sits too far away from the face and has a tendency tilt downward upon movement. I use the fake Elite mostly, and is by far the best experience for gaming, but after a while you definitely feel the weight.

The BoboVR M2 feels the most lightweight that I've tried and reviewers say the same. It's extremely well balanced and much better than the GOMRVR halo strap which is the generic halo strap.

Cheers, I might give that one a go

you may end up spending more than the DAS in the end though :(

Might be good to invest in one and I think you should be able to reuse it on headsets in the future too as I'm sure they will create more adaptors

I doubt it personally. The Oculus Quest Pro firmware leaks indicate it will have its own halo strap.

The firmware talks about the strap???

Has the strap got some hardware in it?

Can't remember if the strap has firmware in it. But the firmware strings aluded to adjusting the strap. You'll have to check the videos I posted.

Some more prototypes:

Skips to the relevant info.

• Advertisement

Last day of the sale. Anyone pick up anything?

With Res 4 so close I'm tempted to hold off but the Real VR Fishing might be worth a punt at 13.99 though I do now have a lot of "chill out" games already.... Hmmm

Advertisement