Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to buy Nano Ledger Ireland.

Options
  • 08-06-2021 7:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Where can I buy a nano ledger x online in Ireland?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Xaniaj

aridion wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Where can I buy a nano ledger x online in Ireland?

Thanks in advance.

You can buy directly from ledgers website. I bought one last week but shipping isn't for 3 weeks so wouldn't want to be in a rush!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

There was 2 brand new ones for sale on adverts week.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭quinneerr

Only buy direct from their website, you don't know if the others being sold have been tampered with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

quinneerr wrote: »
    Only buy direct from their website, you don't know if the others being sold have been tampered with

The ledger app checks verification before you put any money onto the wallet. There's plenty of reputable places to get them.

GooglePlus wrote: »
    The ledger app checks verification before you put any money onto the wallet. There's plenty of reputable places to get them.

So explain the horror stories on line from people buying from sources other than the official site.

• Advertisement

quinneerr wrote: »
    So explain the horror stories on line from people buying from sources other than the official site.

People who obviously didn't think to do the simple verification check on the ledger app. The ledger is fitted with a unique key during manufacture and when this corresponds to the keys on the ledger app, you know it's a real ledger.

Ledger themselves point to some Amazon stores as a reputable source but whatever site you get it from, once it clears on the ledger app, you know it's genuine.

Did you do the verification when you got yours, it's very straightforward?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Why people still buy a ledger after the third party hack beggars belief.

Get a Trezor instead.

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Why people still buy a ledger after the third party hack beggars belief.

Get a Trezor instead.

They got email addresses and the likes. Leaves those affected open to phishing but only if you're thick enough to open a dodgy email. The devices themselves are still completely safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

They got email addresses and the likes. Leaves those affected open to phishing but only if you're thick enough to open a dodgy email. The devices themselves are still completely safe.

They leaked home addresses, mobile numbers and email addresses. Leaking home addresses of people buying a device specifically used to store valuable assets is extremely dodgy, leaves people open to more than just phishing emails. And the worst part is Ledger weren't even forthcoming with notifying any of us until the information was leaked, they tried to downplay it. **** ledger

HGVRHKYY wrote: »
    They leaked home addresses, mobile numbers and email addresses. Leaking home addresses of people buying a device specifically used to store valuable assets is extremely dodgy, leaves people open to more than just phishing emails. And the worst part is Ledger weren't even forthcoming with notifying any of us until the information was leaked, they tried to downplay it. **** ledger

Yeah that's ****ty alright.

I got mine after the leak and have checked the dump, so I know I'm not affected.

Hopefully they updated their servers but if you own one or are planning on getting one, you're not at risk of anyone accessing your private keys etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Yeah that's ****ty alright.

I got mine after the leak and have checked the dump, so I know I'm not affected.

Hopefully they updated their servers but if you own one or are planning on getting one, you're not at risk of anyone accessing your private keys etc.

Unless some scumbags arrive to your house and beat the **** out of you until you give it up. I've no doubt something like that will happen down the line in some countries as BTC grows in value even more, possibly even here with some of the skangers we have around

Advertisement