Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Damaged car sale.

Options
  • 09-06-2021 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Hello. Can anyone recommend a dealer or salvager around the Tallaght or naas road area who would buy a damaged repairable car.

I was hit by another driver and the damage assessment has come in at over 6 grand for a car that’s worth about 10.5 to 11.5 retail.

If the insurance company don’t write it off as uneconomical but want to pay me the money then I won’t repair it. I’d rather put the money towards something else.

Damage is bodywork (a lot, 4 panels and bumper) and some suspension. Any recommendations? It’s in a garage in Bally mount so something in that area would be handy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Just to advise you that if the vehicle is repairable and you decide to accept a cash settlement and not repair the vehicle, insurers will deduct the VAT element of your estimate

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭ml100

If the insurance don't right it off get it fixed and also claim for the loss of value and then trade it in, it will take time but its the option you'll lose the least amount on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

I'm assuming the vehicle is 5yr + old. You won't get depreciation on damage to a vehicle that age

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

I'm assuming the vehicle is 5yr + old. You won't get depreciation on damage to a vehicle that age

Yes indeed its 5.75 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

ml100 wrote: »
    If the insurance don't right it off get it fixed and also claim for the loss of value and then trade it in, it will take time but its the option you'll lose the least amount on.

Thanks. I’m ok loosing a little if it saves time. There’s a new car I want to pick up and it won’t stick around long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭User1998

There’s two breakers yards on the Greenhills road about 2 minutes from Ballymount. You could see if they would be interested

Advertisement