Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Source Heat Pump

Options
  • 07-06-2021 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Where can I find out more information/a supplier of open source heat pumps.

There is a river approx 200m from my site and I'd assume that it would be suitable for supplying a heat pump. There's only about 15m head.

Comments

No such thing as an "Open" source HP

There are air source, ground source or in your case, water source HP's

Based on the distance you mention, I don't think a water source HP would be right for you, it takes enough energy to pump water over that distance as to make it not beneficial IMO.

But I'm just a layman so don't take my word for it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Good idea to make an open source one though if it doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

No such thing as an "Open" source HP

There are air source, ground source or in your case, water source HP's

Based on the distance you mention, I don't think a water source HP would be right for you, it takes enough energy to pump water over that distance as to make it not beneficial IMO.

But I'm just a layman so don't take my word for it

I should have said open loop.

I've heard of 150m vertical borehole being used for a closed loop geothermal. Surely it's more efficient to pump 200m up 20m rather than 150m vertically.

But then I'm less than a layman

Advertisement