Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Handlebars

• 08-06-2021 4:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks, I recently picked up a hard tail mountain bike and with the saddle at a good height for peddaling, I find the handle bars just a tad low. Feel a bit of pressure in my hands just cycling along on the flat, tricky to get a balanced positon when standing etc. etc.

So I'd like to get a set of riser bars, hoping for 50mm rise in 31.8mm diameter.

Question is, are there any go to sites for this stuff? Chain reaction, wiggle??? Would prefer to support a local/Irish business if I could

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

Try the bike rack or cycle superstore, they usually have pretty decent stock. Bike24 are usually a bit cheaper than wiggle etc and have better stock in most cases.

Rather than going with such a high riser bar, can you not put a 15mm stem spacer on and go with 35mm riser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Wailin wrote: »
    Try the bike rack or cycle superstore, they usually have pretty decent stock. Bike24 are usually a bit cheaper than wiggle etc and have better stock in most cases.

Thanks a million, I'll check those out.
    Rather than going with such a high riser bar, can you not put a 15mm stem spacer on and go with 35mm riser?

This would have been my go-to option but from the factory there is no space to move the stem up on the steering tube, there are spacers below the stem but none above it. I'm very inexperienced with all things mtb so maybe there's a way around that.......

Advertisement