Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Time | BBC - *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This 'ard written all over it. :D Hopefully it rises above snooker ball in a sock and showers level threats and is a bit clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Luminious wrote: »
    Time ( prison drama starring Stephen Graham and Sean Bean) starts June 6th on BBC One at 9pm
    The three-part drama, which was created by Jimmy McGovern, is produced by BBC Studios Production and stars Sean Bean (Game Of Thrones), Stephen Graham (Line Of Duty), Siobhan Finneran (Happy Valley), Sue Johnston (Downton Abbey), Hannah Walters (This Is England), David Calder (The Hatton Garden Job) Nadine Marshall (Sitting In Limbo), Michael Socha (Being Human) and Aneurin Barnard (Dunkirk)

From TV Wise

• Registered Users Posts: 81,153 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Starts tonight at 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

With messrs Bean and Graham. Video description says it's on iPlayer from June 6th.

They are not messers.

They are well good actor who take their craft seriously

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

This 'ard written all over it. :D Hopefully it rises above snooker ball in a sock and showers level threats and is a bit clever.

Bean and McGovern teamed up a few years back and gave us Broken. It was not an easy watch but bloody brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

That was actually very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Mr.S wrote: »
    All three episodes are on iPlayer now instead of weekly via BBC One.

I can't get stupid iPlayer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

(I can't get iPlayer either)
    First episode was hard to watch but very very good.
    Amazing actors, my special mention goes to Aneurin Barnard.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Excellent show, Stephen Graham is a great actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Watched the 3 episodes this evening. Excellent performances from the two leads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Watched all 3 too.
    A very dark and bleak watch at times. You definitely shouldn’t watch it if you’re not in the best of form. I don’t think it offered anything much new to the “prison movie” genre. A lot of the themes and characters you’ll have seen in countless prison dramas and it did lean on the odd prison cliche or two.
    However, overall, I really enjoyed it, mainly due to the 2 leads. Both great actors that elevate anything they’re in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭pavb2

Very watchable Could easily have gone to 6 episodes Stephen Graham’s story arc could have been stretched out a bit more. Brian McCardle aka Tommy Hunter in Line of Duty was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Watched the first one, it was relentlessly bleak, so much so that my wife commented she had to turn off Broken for the same reason a few years ago. No surprise it's from the same stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Two shows depicting realistic portrayals of prison and sexual abuse.. what were you expecting? :confused:

Basq wrote: »
    ^ Two shows depicting realistic portrayals of prison and sexual abuse.. what were you expecting? :confused:

I wasn't making a value judgement

not sure why I'm catching heat here really

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There’s no heat being thrown.. just making a comment..

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I started it with my girlfriend on Sunday. We got about 10 minutes in and she wanted to watch something else.
    It definitely was bleak. I will keep watching myself, though. Sean and Stephen are always very watchable and it was really well acted.

The supporting cast is oozing with talent too, the parents, the cellmate. MacNally's wife

• Registered Users Posts: 15,118 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is this available anywhere online apart from BBC iPlayer? Was away for the weekend and I don't think I have the series record on.

This is one of the best tv shows I've seen in ages. Sean Bean, Stephen Graham, and Siobhan Finneran are 3 of my favourite actors. So many scenes made me cry: Mark helping Kav write the card, Brendan's admission to his victim's brother, how far gone Daniel went, the funeral, Eric on his way to prison, Mark and the poor fella on the bike's wife.

I think overall I was so emotionally stirred by the displays of compassion to men who fùcked up in a big way. It reminded me a little of my mother. She had this capacity to speak to anyone regardless of rumour or allegation. People who you would wrongly assume were dodgy and even those who actually were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The_Dave

Can you put a spoiler alert on if the show hasn't been shown on telly yet please

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

interesting that the name "Keith Meadows" came up in a conversation with Stepen graham and michael socha both from Shane meadows camp :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Based on the cast and the universal thumbs up reviews, I'm currently speaking to the Captain about this

oMKuNd0.gif

One episode done

Amazing TV so far

How the feck is this thread not 10 pages long? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭brian_t

Fitz* wrote: »
    Is this available anywhere online apart from BBC iPlayer? Was away for the weekend and I don't think I have the series record on.

BBC2 will be repeating it starting Wednesday 30th June at 1.15am.

(that's very late Tuesday night)

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

Great performances and yes, very bleak. I find the storyline a bit far fetched. A prison officer who has a son in another prison, banged up and his inmates find this out and use it against him. Can't see that in real life.

As with all these dramas where couples come in, one partner obviously has to be black to tick that box. So to is the prison governor. It just seems there has to be some non white characters or the complaining brigade will kick up a fuss. Just watching TV drama, that seems to be the standard these days. Again, not true to real life.

No doubt some left wing liberal type will come along and call me out as a racist. Please don't bother. I won't be replying. Stick to the Tv show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Just binged it there. Nothing groundbreaking but terrific performances. Stephen Graham really is top class in everything he does.

Finished it and I hope it sweeps the TV awards next season, it deserves it

Yes Stephen Graham was good but Sean Bean was in a whole different league

He looked like a man who'd had his soul danced on, complete with the wrinkles to match and I hope he too gets a BAFTA for this (and an Emmy if it's sold to the States)

Re: Stephen Graham, although he's good I find him just a tad over hyped and over lauded. Example: when he learnt
    his son was in intensive care his emotions were just completely flat and the same when he saw him in hospital. There should've been explosive anger there, instead it was just ... nothing

And does anyone know why
    Jackson Jones backed down when Mark (Sean Bean)'s black friend walked in on the attack with the pool balls? I thought Jackson was the gaffer of the place

Apart from Sean's performance I thought Aneurin Barnard as Bernard was excellent too

It was this character

2_aneurin1JPG.jpg

I'd give the incredible opening episode a 9/10 and the other two an 8 for an 8.5 overall

Superb TV

• Registered Users Posts: 15,118 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Thought this was brilliant overall. Incredibly sobering. Hope it stays as just the 3 episodes as to preserve its story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hollyworth

Was it just the TV I watched it on, or was some of the dialogue really hard to understand? I'm usually fine with Northern English and scouser accents, but I was straining to hear at times.

Advertisement