Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Land & Slatted House

Options
  • 08-06-2021 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi All,

Just wondering about renting a 4 bay slatted house with approx. 10acres of land. What would be a fair price?

Thanks.

PD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

3500 and you spread the slurry and wash the shed

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Hard to put a figure on that without more detail re land type, fencing, duration of lease, access, water, entitlements, etc.

Slatted houses are approx. 400/bay but again it depends on the shed itself.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Picking Dasies

Land is good ground, water available, fencing all up to scratch, yearly lease. 2 fields (6acres & 4acres), slatted house in top shape and 200yrds away from the 10acres. Entitlements on land.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Depending on area if it's strong dairying area some lad might rent it for heifers. It depends on value of entitlements as well.
    Value of entitlements+ 1-2.5k. if it's from present you could struggle to get it Inc in area aid. At the higher end of the pricing you are at nothing unless it's adjacent to land you have already

Slava Ukrainii

Thanks Bass,

Fathers land which i will be leasing from my father. I wanted to rent out slatted house and 10arces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jd_12345

Thanks Bass,

Fathers land which i will be leasing from my father. I wanted to rent out slatted house and 10arces.

Just so you know, he must pay tax on the money he receives from you. Tax free leasing is only long term and can’t be to a son/daughter or any other close relation like that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Thanks Bass,

If I understand correctly, you are renting the land from your father and you want to sublet the slatted unit with 10 acres?
    I assume that your Dad has retired from farming and is no longer using his BTE herd number? If not then you will not be able to introduce other cattle onto the holding from another herd number unless a compliance cert is completed.

Yes Bass, a bit complicated.
    I have been advised that i will have to lease farm from my father to avoid 7.5% stamp duty inheritance tax, he is unwell.
    I work off-farm and i have been approached by someone interested in renting shed with some lands, 10acres of the 50acre farm.
    I would probably bring in summer cattle for the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Yes Bass, a bit complicated.
    I have been advised that i will have to lease farm from my father to avoid 7.5% stamp duty inheritance tax, he is unwell.
    I work off-farm and i have been approached by someone interested in renting shed with some lands, 10acres of the 50acre farm.
    I would probably bring in summer cattle for the next few years.

You either lease to a young trained farmer or work yourself qualify for agricultural relief on inheritance tax.

Leasing now won't affect anything and there's no stamp duty on inheritance.

My be better to get professional advice here. If you're dad is unwell you don't need extra stress.

Advertisement