Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sonos Beam €369 @Arnotts

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Good price for this. I paid about £365 for one from Richer Sounds, around the €400 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

Nice one. Been looking out for a deal on a Beam since I missed the Black Friday deal. Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Would this work with a sky q box?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

Would this work with a sky q box?

It’ll work with basically anything.

The best way to hook it up would be using HDMI ARC which would route all audio through the TV into the soundbar, and allow your TV to control the volume of the soundbar.

If your TV doesn’t support ARC, or you don’t have a spare HDMI port for it (this unfortunately doesn’t have a pass through like many other soundbars would), then there’s an adapter included to use an optical cable instead. I don’t think the optical cable itself is included though. Should then just be a case of programming the Sky Q remote’s volume buttons to control the Beam instead of your TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

No subwoofer - anyone know if the bass is decent for action movies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

No subwoofer - anyone know if the bass is decent for action movies?

Realistically, no. Something this size is never going to have huge bass. You can add a sub later if you want but it ain't cheap.

Review here :
    https://www.whathifi.com/sonos/beam/review

Depends on what you mean by decent tbf. Does the job for me, doesnt match a full surround kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭irelandrover

This is a decent price for the beam.

I'd say the beam is only worth it if you buy into the whole Sonos multi room infrastructure. Otherwise there are better sound systems for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Showing as Out of stock now.

Advertisement