Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reliable hour to hour cloud forecast

Options
  • 06-06-2021 11:11am

Hi all

Been googling trying to find a good cloud forecaster. To maximise my solar pv I would like to plan appliances that draw initial or intermittent larger loads like a dishwasher, what are people using or what would one recommend

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭john__long

keeffo2005 wrote: »
    Hi all

Been googling trying to find a good cloud forecaster. To maximise my solar pv I would like to plan appliances that draw initial or intermittent larger loads like a dishwasher, what are people using or what would one recommend

Thanks in advance

Sign up for Solcast. I’m still feeding data into it for my installation every 5 minutes. Still hasn’t been tuned! 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

john__long wrote: »
    Sign up for Solcast. I’m still feeding data into it for my installation every 5 minutes. Still hasn’t been tuned! ��

They announced a couple of months ago that they were stopping tuning for the free private accounts. It's still a good service though. Note though that the Irish weather can be really quite unpredictable, and sometimes the forecast for the next days sunshine is way off, but usually it's reasonable accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭john__long

_dof_ wrote: »
    They announced a couple of months ago that they were stopping tuning for the free private accounts. It's still a good service though. Note though that the Irish weather can be really quite unpredictable, and sometimes the forecast for the next days sunshine is way off, but usually it's reasonable accurate.

Ah right! I must have missed that announcement! Thanks!

Advertisement