Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AC/DC New album and Tour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The only band other than Metallica that would get me to go to Slane is acdc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,439 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Penfailed wrote: »
    The joys of having a campervan.

The joys of airplanes and different countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Penfailed

The Nal wrote: »
    The joys of airplanes and different countries.

If you can afford it, knock yourself out. I love Slane.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,751 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I didn't find Slane that bad at Metallica in terms of getting in and out, heard a lot of horror stories about it in the past but was grand. That said getting to the bar and toilets was a pain esp as the day went on. I went up on a bus and they were parked in a quarry about 20/30 min walk, best thing is timing your exit

I'd love to get one of the VIP seated tickets

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I didn't find Slane that bad at Metallica in terms of getting in and out, heard a lot of horror stories about it in the past but was grand. That said getting to the bar and toilets was a pain esp as the day went on. I went up on a bus and they were parked in a quarry about 20/30 min walk, best thing is timing your exit

I'd love to get one of the VIP seated tickets

I was 'Golden Circle' for Metallica. I'd much rather be there than in a seat. The bar and toilets were a complete ballache as the day went on alright. In saying that, they're the same as that at pretty much any one-dayer or festival.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Think I've attempted every option with Slane.

*Camped
    *Up and down on the bus
    *Stayed in Dublin and got bus out and back
    *Last year stayed with friends living in Slane

Been there 7 times and would go again in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭thebronze14

couldn't recommend the camping enough. great setup there for metallica

Lockdown has been rough on Brian vocal chords it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

The Nal wrote: »
    Lockdown has been rough on Brian vocal chords it seems.

He's got aids in both ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

ush wrote: »
    He's got aids in both ears.

Jaysus, that's grim, look what it did to Freddie Mercury and he just had it up his....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭flasher0030

scudzilla wrote: »
    Jaysus, that's grim, look what it did to Freddie Mercury and he just had it up his....

Ha ha. That is definitely the funniest comment I have read all year.
    Thanks for brightening up my morning. :):)

Can't believe I started this thread 7 years ago...

Jacksie66. wrote: »
    Can't believe I started this thread 7 years ago...

I don't believe it either. Your username is 'Jacksie66' but the OP's username is 'jacksie66'. You must be a different person...

:p

This one probably wont last long, 'The Lives of Brian', Brian Johnsons autobiography, signed by the man himself, 18sterling, only posts to UK though, i've family over there so sending it to them

https://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/the-lives-of-brian-signed-edition/brian-johnson/hardback/9780241545966.html

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

scudzilla wrote: »
    This one probably wont last long, 'The Lives of Brian', Brian Johnsons autobiography, signed by the man himself, 18sterling, only posts to UK though, i've family over there so sending it to them

https://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/the-lives-of-brian-signed-edition/brian-johnson/hardback/9780241545966.html
    Ordered it there. Thanks for the heads-up.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Alas, the order was cancelled, due to the release of the book delayed by another year!

What a balls.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Anyone else read Brian's book, reading about his childhood and everything up to 1979 was interesting, after that we're into well worn territory, it only covers Back in Black and the last few years, wish there was more insights into life with AC/DC still it was a good read.

Are they going to tour next year ??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,528 ✭✭✭✭briany

AC/DC look to be down to play a rock supershow along with GnR, Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Iron Maiden and Tool this October.

Commence speculation as to whether this is a one-off thing or will it be part of a larger tour?

Defo a larger tour but they probably have to wait until this thing sells so they dont dilute the marketing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Did someone say tour ??

A Castle in County Meath could be free next summer

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

They were quiet for a good while, would have been an awful shame if COVID prevented them from one last tour, hope there is more to come and the band gets to go out on their own terms.

Post edited by Say Your Number on

Just seeing that a chap called Matt Laug is playing drums for them at Power Trip, never heard of him, but he's played for some big names, is Rudd not up it anymore or his criminal record causing problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,574 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I'd say Rudd can't get a visa for the U.S. due to his conviction and it was easier to get someone else to fill in.

Haven't seen any footage of gig last night, but that looks like a great setlist.

If You Want Blood, Riff Raff, Stiff Upper Lip.

Throw in Gone Shootin' and it would be perfect, if they do tour and I get a chance to see them I'd be happy with that.

Great setlist but Brians vocals...oh dear, horrendously bad :-(

Given he's 76 and his voice has been teetering on the brink for 30 odd years it's a minor miracle he has any voice at all.

oh yeah, totally agree, but listening to the odd few tracks from last night, not a chance does his voice hold out for a farewell tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,528 ✭✭✭✭briany

Somebody's started a rumour on Facebook that Phil Rudd is potless and is trying to raise money for a medical operation by selling memorabilia out of the boot of his car. Take this with a massive pinch of salt.

Advertisement