Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commencement notice to move driveway pillar

Options
  • 04-06-2021 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Is a commencement notice required to move a pillar. While planning permission would seem to be required it doesn't seem to fit into any of the categories for the commencement notice.
    Is my understanding correct or am I missing something?

Edit: sorry just realised I have posted this in the wrong section

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Did you get planning permission? Once you have that, I'd be of the opinion that you submit a commencement Notice without documents for that type of work, but need to lodge particulars anyway. Check out BCMS FAQs for the list of documents for each type of CN submission.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭steedevaney

Have planning permission. Opt out seems to require the least amount of details.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,068 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Commencement notice without documentation.

Its arguable that building a pier requires compliance with Part A

Any examples of the other documents:
    Design certificate
    Notice of assignments
    Undertakings
    Supporting documents
    Or can they be avoided when the owner is down as all?

Any examples of the other documents:
    Design certificate
    Notice of assignments
    Undertakings
    Supporting documents
    Or can they be avoided when the owner is down as all?

Actually found an FAQ saying they’re not required

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Commencement Notice not required as it’s not the construction of a building, extension to a building or material alteration to a building to which the building regs apply.

Gumbo wrote: »
    Commencement Notice not required as it’s not the construction of a building, extension to a building or material alteration to a building to which the building regs apply.

Thanks all

Advertisement