Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark side of the ring

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭cena

Nick Gages bird is mental Id say.

Ya she doesn't look like all her screws to there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

Drugs are a hell of a drug

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soap1978

Gage is really brain dead,the bank robber shows that,the hard man act got him nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 37,772 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Did they go ahead with the 'plane ride from hell' episode or was that only a rumour ?

2 Ultimate Warriors documentaries coming up with different tones to both painting him both as a hero and a villain .The wwe legends biography episode is airing this weekend then the DSOTR episode the 27th May

They are doing the plane ride from hell. Apparently the episode is quite shocking and they're worried about fallout.
    I think I saw someone say that after listening to a podcast with the producers.

Don't think it airs till the second half of the season though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,439 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ThePott wrote: »
    They are doing the plane ride from hell. Apparently the episode is quite shocking and they're worried about fallout.
    I think I saw someone say that after listening to a podcast with the producers.

Don't think it airs till the second half of the season though.

It was on Jim cornettes podcast where the producers spoke about the current season. I was always of the belief that the plane ride from hell was a singular event that got out of hand, but the producers said that it was a whole tour thing, and they said they were shocked how much more to the story there was.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It was on Jim cornettes podcast where the producers spoke about the current season. I was always of the belief that the plane ride from hell was a singular event that got out of hand, but the producers said that it was a whole tour thing, and they said they were shocked how much more to the story there was.
    Thought that alright, don't listen to Cornette but saw someone do a write-up on it. Sounds like a pretty big episode anyway.

Guessing it will be 7 episodes - Hiatus - 7 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,290 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Collision in Korea was a really interesting watch and a few new talking heads.

On a side note If I won the Euro millions I'd want to buy Bischoff house and move there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I watched the Nick Gage episode last night... let's call a spade a spade here. Dudes a scumbag.

I absolutely hate the way he tries to come off as a hardman too. Wrestling is a work. Another person giving you their body and going along with things. So does he really think he's hard in a worked sport? Where he gets a pizza cutter and goes off script and tries to tears the other guy up?

And all this bravado out of a man who is clearly still a junkie along with his girlfriend. When they showed the old picture of both of them you can clearly see how the drugs have ravaged them.

There's literally no difference from him and some 40 year old from Finglas who's on drugs, went to prison and has the odd wrestling match :p harsh perhaps but not exactly wrong.

Diana Warrior while promoting the A&E doc on Warrior was asked if she was involved with the Dark Side of the Ring Episode..
    I had no part in this project. Smut and filth does not rise to my note.

I think she might be just as mad as he was.

• Advertisement

She knows where her bread is buttered.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ThePott wrote: »
    She knows where her bread is buttered.

Keeping sweet with the company trying to rehab her dead piece of **** husband's reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Diana Warrior while promoting the A&E doc on Warrior was asked if she was involved with the Dark Side of the Ring Episode..

Or translated, they didn't give/offer me money, so i'm not interested.

Yeah can’t be justifying her husband who was a piece of **** as a human and publicly expressed happiness at Bobby heenan getting cancer and was unrepentantly homophobic. It’s be a tale of his widow and first wife with the two episodes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I watched the Nick Gage episode last night... let's call a spade a spade here. Dudes a scumbag.

I've not seen the DSOTR episode yet, but I just watched CVV's interview with Gage and whilst I take it with a large pinch of salt, he strikes me as a man who isn't too proud of some of what he's done but is unapologetic for who he is. I dunno if I'd be inviting him for Christmas dinner, but he seems somewhat at peace with who he is and that's something a lot of people struggle with.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Shiminay wrote: »
    I've not seen the DSOTR episode yet, but I just watched CVV's interview with Gage and whilst I take it with a large pinch of salt, he strikes me as a man who isn't too proud of some of what he's done but is unapologetic for who he is. I dunno if I'd be inviting him for Christmas dinner, but he seems somewhat at peace with who he is and that's something a lot of people struggle with.

Ah right so, sure once he's at peace with himself being a scumbag, all good.

Good Lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Just watched the collision in Korea episode...that was utter madness

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

AdrianG08 wrote: »
    Ah right so, sure once he's at peace with himself being a scumbag, all good.

Good Lord.

I'm not suggesting that at all :)

I'm thinking more along the lines of "well hopefully he doesn't go full Beniot because he's out of his gourd on opiates and psychotic as a result" but I didn't make that clear at all - my bad.

To be blunter - I too think he's a scumbag, but I don't condemn people who are drug addicts any more than I don't condemn people who have cancer - it's a medical condition.

Dark Side of the Ring and Pro Wrestling Tees have released a Smut and Filth Tee :)

All profits go to support LGBTQ+ artists.

Warriors first wife is interviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The Warrior one is probably the weakest one so far this season but that's purely because nothing new was hit upon rather than anything they did wrong.

Interesting to hear from Warrior's first wife all the same.

• Advertisement

Next weeks episode could get dark it's the Grizzly Smith episode.

Jake has been a talking head on a few episodes now, I wonder have been able to get Rockin Robin & Sam Houston talking on tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So many fake videos on YouTube today. All the "link in the description" yeah right not clicking that :pac:

Anyone help me out with an actual YouTube video?

Ps,
    Yar har har :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,772 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Warrior one is probably the weakest one so far this season but that's purely because nothing new was hit upon rather than anything they did wrong.

Interesting to hear from Warrior's first wife all the same.

It wasn't the best but with the A&E Biography episode airing the same week it rehashed a bit of stuff from that

His death was eerie esp with what he said in his speech on Raw

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Just on the Warrior episode, in the space of 30 seconds JR introduces himself as "The voice of AEW" and goes on to call Warrior narcissistic. Good man yourself. Eejit.

nazmoalex wrote: »
    Just on the Warrior episode, in the space of 30 seconds JR introduces himself as "The voice of AEW" and goes on to call Warrior narcissistic. Good man yourself. Eejit.

Well the warrior was a ****ing narcissist. The guy was off his Chuck.

Mick Foley's A&E is just nice a lot like Mick.

That Grizzly Smith episode is dark he was an evil, evil, evil man.

Rockin Robin, Sam Houston and the brother who didn't get involved in wrestling all speaking.

Something feels like that episode barely scratched the surface, possibly worthy of a spin off of its own.

Dark and a real downer alright. Was interesting hearing about the rest of the family as of course it's normally focused on Jake.
    Pretty much mandatory follow up if you haven't seen it is the Resurrection of Jake the Snake Roberts.

Thought the piece at the end with Robin and Jake talking to people who have been abused was very inspiring. You have to be proud of how far Jake has come.

• Advertisement

Bit of a contrast to the Pillman family as well as at least Brian's sister kept his kids in contact. Was so sad to hear how estranged Jake and his siblings still are.

Advertisement