Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark side of the ring

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jesus Jericho really is turning into Axel Rose.

Is he really though? At least Jericho's working to keep himself in some of shape, Axl's been missing in action/not seen since Guns N' Roses wrapped their Not In This Lifetime Tour in November 2019. He probably won't be seen again until Guns N' Roses head for Australia later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,362 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 3 starts next week and they have released the list of episodes for it.

* Brian Pillman (two-hour premiere)
    * WCW/NJPW Collision In Korea
    * Nick Gage
    * The Ultimate Warrior
    * Grizzly Smith and his family of wrestlers
    * The Dynamite Kid
    SECOND HALF OF THE SEASON
    * The WWE Steroid Trials
    * FMW
    * Luna Vachon
    * WWE’s Plane Ride from Hell
    * XPW
    * Johnny K-9 (Bruiser Bedlam)
    * Chris Kanyon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Sky box is telling me the Vice channel is finishing this weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Sky box is telling me the Vice channel is finishing this weekend...

I believe the channel is closing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,622 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The ultimate warrior, grizzly smith, and the dynamite kid ? Jesus there’s a cheerful triple. I assume the warrior episode will go into the horrible person he was and the horrible things he said ? Hopefully this is the real self destruction of the ultimate warrior because the person outside the ring needs to be exposed. I mean what kind of asshole do you need to be to take pleasure in someone getting cancer ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There's this (very bloody) trailer to whet the appetite...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,902 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cough Cough episode 1 is around

Cracking opening episode looking forward to part 2.

Nice to see Dave is being interviewed as he was good friends with Pillman and helped him out a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Is it on youtube or where can you watch?

I watched it on VICETV app.

• Advertisement

Is part 2 airing this coming Wednesday or the 12th May ?

Part one was dropped early for the VICE TV app episode 2 will drop as when normally due on the 14th of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Part one was dropped early for the VICE TV app episode 2 will drop as when normally due on the 14th of May.

Just installed the vice app on Roku. Don't see the episode. Has it gone or is there a different version of the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Just installed the vice app on Roku. Don't see the episode. Has it gone or is there a different version of the app?

It's on YouTube or was earlier anyway.

I watched Part 1 and it was probably the best episode I've seen from the series to date. Most of the episodes I found that if you were a fan nothing of note really happened as you knew the story, but this was different; Brian's family really added a fascinating element.

I don't enjoy seeing anyone in Melanie Pillman's situation, and it was uncomfortable hearing about her actions and how much hatred Pillman's daughter had for her. Pillman jr managed to grow up to be quite decent in spite of his mental family life.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,907 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The Randy Savage A&E Biography is good but very similar to the Dark side of the ring episode about the death of Ms Elizabeth

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The Randy Savage A&E Biography is good but very similar to the Dark side of the ring episode about the death of Ms Elizabeth

Seeing Eric Bischoff’s wife on it as a talking head was interesting and nice to see someone new talking about that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Seeing Eric Bischoff’s wife on it as a talking head was interesting and nice to see someone new talking about that time.

Conrad was upset bout it saying it was a hit job.. I didn’t know much about his later career and his time in wcw with gorgeous George

Watched part 2 and it was rough going with the Melanie stuff and the abuse the kids went through, but I was so glad to see Pillman's sister was watching over them. It really is an inspiring story.

Definitely my favourite episodes of the series so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

Have episode 2 download and ready to watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

with the abuse brian went through, to see where he is now shows how determined he is to succeed

montyrebel wrote: »
    with the abuse brian went through, to see where he is now shows how determined he is to succeed

Not only that but it's a marvel he ended up the seemingly well rounded individual he is as well as his sisters. Hearing the abuse he and they went through after Brian Senior died was rough going. I was infuriated by it.

Funny thing is that I still pity Melanie.

Nick Gage this week lots of mental health issues right there.

After watching it I really do think David Arquette would make a good episode even thought his story was mostly covered in his own doc You Cannot Kill David Arquette

Decided to watch the Brian Pillman episode part 1 and Jesus life has not been kind to Melanie pillman. His sister seems like a god send for his kids just by the way they’ve spoken about her.

I was nauseous 10 seconds into Nick Gage. Headcases the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,854 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just started the Nick Gage episode.
    I am not really squeamish but only a few minutes in and I'm finding it hard to watch

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just started the Nick Gage episode.
    I am not really squeamish but only a few minutes in and I'm finding it hard to watch

Is this the bank addicted drug robber guy who went to jail and is friends with Jon Moxley ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is this the bank addicted drug robber guy who went to jail and is friends with Jon Moxley ?

Cornette?

I'm not all that up on the death match stuff but it's pretty sickening based on this episode. He literally kills himself at one point and you're meant to show respect?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,854 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Nick Gages bird is mental Id say.

Advertisement