Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mature entry Medicine 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HandsomeDragon

See you in September goys. Boys will be boys.

#LadsLadsLads

• Registered Users Posts: 38 eua19r1

Waitlisted here for rcsi unfortunately, anyone taking rcsi over cork or vice versa? Congratulations to everyone that got offers!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Pharmabud

eua19r1 wrote: »
    Waitlisted here for rcsi unfortunately, anyone taking rcsi over cork or vice versa? Congratulations to everyone that got offers!

Hi there, keep the faith. I’ll be taking RCSI over cork as I have offer for both

Pharmabud wrote: »
    Hi there, keep the faith. I’ll be taking RCSI over cork as I have offer for both
    Cheers for the reply. Fingers crossed and if not I’ll try again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 EsmeW

Congratulations all! I got offer for RCSI but depending on GAMSAT results will take UCD over RCSI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 arkeda

If the GAMSAT minimum scores don't change from last year I'll also have enough for UCD, but I'm hoping for TCD. Anyway else hoping for Trinity? Seems like most are intent on RCSI.

arkeda wrote: »
    If the GAMSAT minimum scores don't change from last year I'll also have enough for UCD, but I'm hoping for TCD. Anyway else hoping for Trinity? Seems like most are intent on RCSI.

I interviewed for trinity this morning, who knows until they decide if I’m worthy of an offer

I interviewed for trinity this morning, who knows until they decide if I’m worthy of an offer

How did your interview go? Mine was very formal, as expected I guess. How long did yours last?

How did your interview go? Mine was very formal, as expected I guess. How long did yours last?

Went well enough I thought. Yes I did find it very formal and part of me felt a small bit under pressure with their attitude. Hard to describe, just not very warm and receptive. However, I was happy enough. It’ll be interesting to see if it translates into an offer

Went well enough I thought. Yes I did find it very formal and part of me felt a small bit under pressure with their attitude. Hard to describe, just not very warm and receptive. However, I was happy enough. It’ll be interesting to see if it translates into an offer

I've trawled through the threads of previous years and from that it seems the offers should be out next week. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 melody15

I've trawled through the threads of previous years and from that it seems the offers should be out next week. Best of luck.

Just finished my interview for Trinity, it’s hard to know if I did well as I couldn’t tell from the panel’s responses!

I think I did okay, hopefully we’ll hear back from them soon.

It looks like Trinity emails are out, best of luck to those who had interviews this week!

Congrats to those who got it. Waiting list for me, a bit gutted.

If it’s any consolation I got a Trinity offer and I’m most likely taking RCSI so that will free up a place

Same for me too, I guess we have to wait until July to hear if we’ve moved up on the list.

If it’s any consolation I got a Trinity offer and I’m most likely taking RCSI so that will free up a place

Clean sweep for you so. Fair play, your application must have been great. Best of luck in your studies.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Duffleboxie

Anyone get Galway?!

Anyone get Galway?!

Sorry I didn’t apply there, did you get an offer? Are congrats in order?

Sorry I didn’t apply there, did you get an offer? Are congrats in order?

No I was just curious! I was wondering if anyone is awaiting on Gamsat results? That might free up spaces in august? Please let us know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eibh26

Hi Everyone,

Congratulations to those accepted and hope the wait will be over soon for those who've applied.

I'm a final med mature entry who's helping organise this free event on alternative routes to medicine. We are really hoping that boards.ie wont be the only resource to info on getting in, in the future and that the event will be of use to folks such as yourselves.

Please do share with anyone applying next year! I can't attach a link as I've just set up a new account, lost access to my old one.

So just search for Alternative Routes to Medicine on Eventbrite for the free registration. Or follow accessmedireland on instagram or twitter!

Take care,

• Advertisement

I was offered a spot at Trinity today. I wonder if the opening of Ulster University's new graduate programme had an effect (the results of that were released just recently).

I was offered a spot at Trinity today. I wonder if the opening of Ulster University's new graduate programme had an effect (the results of that were released just recently).

Big congratulations, well done

Big congratulations, well done

Much appreciated, thank you Pharmabud and best of luck with your own studies.

Hey, is anyone who has been offered a mature place hoping to get a GEM offer too? Would be great to know if there's any hope this year

Has anyone accepted a GEM spot over a mature one?

Emailed RCSI to ask if there had been any movement in the wait list and they said there hadn't been any at present.

Nope not this year, waiting on feedback from rcsi and bought **** again. All that can be done is to go at it again next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 tooth_n_nail

Hey folks,

Good to see so many people in the same boat as me.

I'm currently working full time in software development but decided to move into Medicine when I turn 30/31.

My plan is to sit Biology and Chemistry for the LC 2022. I did Physics for the leaving but Trinity (which is my main aim) accepts mature students with a H3 and H4 in both these subjects alongside the HPAT.

Has anyone here taken that route? If so how was it studying 1/2 subjects for the leaving many years after already doing it?

Also, it seems like such a minimal requirement for Trinity by comparison to other the Unis but that's what their website proclaims.

Does anyone with experience getting into Mature Entry Medicine in Trinity know what else they default to when assessing candidates?

Advertisement