Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bakery in Athenry?

Options
  • 02-06-2021 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Somebody mentioned that there's a new bakery in Athenry. Anyone know the name, where it is please?
    Thanks
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 daniel_h

Cake Emporium? Just past This n That near the arch.

daniel_h wrote: »
    Cake Emporium? Just past This n That near the arch.

Nice, must check it out.

I think that makes 3 bakeries in Athenry now?

This one,
    The Old Barracks &
    The small French one (the name escapes me)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I found it earlier- it's a cake shop that also sold some cupcakes and brownie. I ended up going to the French place (down the side lane) and got a delicious creamy yoke

dinneenp wrote: »
    I found it earlier- it's a cake shop that also sold some cupcakes and brownie. I ended up going to the French place (down the side lane) and got a delicious creamy yoke

I have actually never ventured in there... Always looked closed. The creamy yoke has me interested though 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

daniel_h wrote: »
    I have actually never ventured in there... Always looked closed. The creamy yoke has me interested though 🙂

20210602-121004.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭motley

La Pause Desert is the bakery you are thinking of. I think he used to work for Le Petit Delice in town. His pastries are quite similar if not tastier than Petit Delice.

I tried it today after seeing the picture. Very nice.

Same as, went and checked out the cake emporium, looked nice but they only do cupcakes which I wasn't too interested in so headed over to the little french place and picked up 2 strawberry tartlets, very tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

motley wrote: »
    La Pause Desert is the bakery you are thinking of. I think he used to work for Le Petit Delice in town. His pastries are quite similar if not tastier than Petit Delice.
    Had not been interested in trying this place until now - love the Petit Delice - so will check it out

Advertisement