Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Costs of replacing kitchen counter top with new one

• 03-06-2021 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm just wondering whether I would be right in estimating that the cost of replacing a kitchen counter top with a new one would be approximately 1000 Euros (including labor and material costs etc)?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭brio09

i'd also like to hear thoughts on this :) I'm looking to change the counter top of my kitchen island with a bigger one

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭segosego89

brio09 wrote: »
    i'd also like to hear thoughts on this :) I'm looking to change the counter top of my kitchen island with a bigger one
    Ok cool!

I forgot to mention that I am hoping to replace my current kitchen counter top with a non-expensive but good quality laminate counter top. I certainly wont be buying a Carrara marble counter top!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

segosego89 wrote: »
    Ok cool!

I forgot to mention that I am hoping to replace my current kitchen counter top with a non-expensive but good quality laminate counter top. I certainly wont be buying a Carrara marble counter top!

Have you checked IKEA? they have alot of good quality reasonably priced counter tops. we got our kitchen there 5 years ago and the counters are still perfect - we might change purely on the basis they have loads more options now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

No way to answer this. Not enough info
    What lengths of worktop
    How many 90 degree corners
    How many cut outs
    What's access like
    Can cutting done inside
    How many ends are open or trapped.
    How square are the corners
    How straight is the walls

budhabob wrote: »
    Have you checked IKEA? they have alot of good quality reasonably priced counter tops. we got our kitchen there 5 years ago and the counters are still perfect - we might change purely on the basis they have loads more options now.
    Can I ask how much approximately did the new counter top cost you?

• Advertisement

No way to answer this. Not enough info
    What lengths of worktop
    How many 90 degree corners
    How many cut outs
    What's access like
    Can cutting done inside
    How many ends are open or trapped.
    How square are the corners
    How straight is the walls
    It's interesting that you asked "how straight are the walls?". Is it not uncommon for people's homes to have non-straight walls sometimes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

It's interesting that you asked "how straight are the walls?". Is it not uncommon for people's homes to have non-straight walls sometimes?

suprisingly common. especially older houses. iv often had to scribe a worktop to suite a half inch hump in the wall or plaster out a big dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Rooms have angles. My kitchen a 3ft corner profile.

You can get laminate worktops from €70 or less, and you can get them for €300+ per 3m length

These guys in Terenure are great for solid wood or Formica worktops.

http://www.woodworkers.ie/general_files/main_products.shtml

Then you just need someone who knows how to fit it.

But €1,000 should see you good for a decent quality top.

Advertisement