Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any value in a 2002 1.4L off the road octavia?

Options
  • 02-06-2021 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Just about to call the vehicle recyclers to come and take her to a better place. Is there any value in it... spent 1,200 getting it back on the road three years ago [all sorts & fresh tyres etc], brakes failed a week later... hasn't moved since, body is fresh enough. Lost the will to spend anymore on it. There's 50e of petrol in her :)
    Is she just good for recycling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭User1998

Probably no value in it unless you can get it started. Might be worth while putting it on Donedeal for €300 or so. Scrap value is around €100

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

User1998 wrote: »
    Probably no value in it unless you can get it started. Might be worth while putting it on Donedeal for €300 or so. Scrap value is around €100

Cheers, I'd be happy with €100... she'll start ok, have lit her from time to time and battery is kept topped up. Dumb question - I presumed the recyclers pay nothing, can I sell to a scrapper and get end of life cert / whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭User1998

This crowd issue end of life certs and collect the car from your house, they usually offer €100 or so if you live in Dublin: https://www.cartakeback.ie/

I was going to get an 05 Nissan Almera scraped a few weeks ago but decided to put it on Donedeal for the day, it had no tax or nct but it sold a few hours later for €300. Might as well try it yourself before getting it scraped

Advertisement