Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to bring my mother for a bite to eat in the city?

Options
  • 01-06-2021 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I am heading to Watherford with my auld one for a day out of shopping.

Is there anywhere nice we can get a bite to eat? I know there's no indoor dining, but I'm just wondering if any spot has come up with some sort of solution. I know that Apple Market Plaza thing has a sort of roof over it. Is there anything there? Some food stall or something?

If I wasn't bringing my mother I'd just get a bag of chips somewhere and eat them down an alleyway.

So where would you locals go with your mammy for a bite to eat after some shopping?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Depends when you're coming. Is it after the 7th?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Depends when you're coming. Is it after the 7th?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

A flask and a few homemade sandwiches so! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭plasticman3327

Checkout Seagull for a nice focaccia, cake and a coffee.

Fresh food hall do decent deli food and there are some public benches outside.

Depending on the day bodega have a "market" running that you can get a nice pie or the likes from.

It's a little out of town (as in 5 mins walk) but La Alegria do a good sambo and soup as well as some other lunch bits.

Italian bakery in town do pizza by the slice as well as cakes/breads.

There is Phoenix food yard that will have burritos every/most days and a selection of stuff on weekends.

The granary cafe does decent grub as well but are closed at 2pm at the minute.

I've heard good things about Berkana on the quay but haven't given them a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Depending on the day bodega have a "market" running that you can get a nice pie or the likes from.

It's a little out of town (as in 5 mins walk) but La Alegria do a good sambo and soup as well as some other lunch bits.

There is Phoenix food yard that will have burritos every/most days and a selection of stuff on weekends.

Thats a great selection there, something for everyone. Im going to check some of those spots myself, and im already from Waterford!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Nice selection there. You should try Berkana too - it's excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Nice selection there. You should try Berkana too - it's excellent.

I've had food from italian bakery and some of the bread was rock hard- probably there for days. Not the only one who has said it too, check out some of their reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I've had food from italian bakery and some of the bread was rock hard- probably there for days. Not the only one who has said it too, check out some of their reviews.

What does that have to do with Berkana??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

What does that have to do with Berkana??

Sorry I replied to the wrong thread.

Advertisement