Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investment options for a life assurance settlement

Options
  • 01-06-2021 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I'm looking for advice on investment options for a life assurance settlement. The sum would be around 100k and the the returns would ideally sustain a widow into her retirement years.

Any info on who best to engage with in particular? Would approaching an investment entity be appropriate without having first engaged a financial planner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Physeter wrote: »
    I'm looking for advice on investment options for a life assurance settlement. The sum would be around 100k and the the returns would ideally sustain a widow into her retirement years.

Any info on who best to engage with in particular? Would approaching an investment entity be appropriate without having first engaged a financial planner?

Talk to a broker, list of loads here. They'll give you options and reccomendations based on what your needs are.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Physeter wrote: »

Speak to a broker for sure. I am in that game and would advise professional advice of course. Make sure you get 100% allocation of the funds. Stay away from tied agents and the independent broker will put the money into something low risk upon completion of a risk profile. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hello,

This can quickly become a complex area - consideration needs to be given to:

any debt obligations,
    any dependents,
    ongoing income sources from employment,
    pension arrangements,
    attitude towards risk,
    how long the funds are to be invested for and if access is required,
    age and health profile of the individual,

Thanks,

G.

Advertisement