Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pubs/hotels/pints from 7th June

• 31-05-2021 8:21pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thought it might be an idea to list up pubs in your locality opening from 7th June, tbh i don't know much myself tbh.

Back the west there are street closures in effect specifically from 6pm so pubs opening in the area are

Taylors, Keoghs, Blue Note, Massimo, The Crane

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The King's Head is not opening until July, just saw on twitter

The King's Head is not opening until July, just saw on twitter

A lot of places with no/little option for outdoor service will be waiting until July

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

A lot of places with no/little option for outdoor service will be waiting until July

Of course, it's the ones with limited option that interest me, so far not much from some plces on social media. Kings Head only seems to have confirmed today and they were having kegs delivered (presumably, maybe being taken away) this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Thought it might be an idea to list up pubs in your locality opening from 7th June, tbh i don't know much myself tbh.

Back the west there are street closures in effect specifically from 6pm so pubs opening in the area are

Taylors, Keoghs, Blue Note, Massimo, The Crane

How might the service happen?

Order at a hatch / through a window?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭testtech05

Geuze wrote: »
    How might the service happen?

Order at a hatch / through a window?

I'd imagine it will still have to be table service only? Maybe a set space of tables for each bar or something?

• Advertisement

Yup table service. Same as last time, minus food.. Oh and outside only for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,666 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Tig Choili, Garavans, Skef, Pucan, Richardsons, 1520, Seven, Monroes, Salthouse, Bierhaus are all open already. Some order thru a hatch. Others, you go inside, buy and then leave - same as with any other takeaway.

I'm specifically asking about from 7th, beer gardens etc. Not the current offerings

• Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Tig Choili, Garavans, Skef, Pucan, Richardsons, 1520, Seven, Monroes, Salthouse, Bierhaus are all open already. Some order thru a hatch. Others, you go inside, buy and then leave - same as with any other takeaway.

Thanks.

I'm curious - are Hughes or McGinn's in Woodquay open for take-away?

I presume they will be open from 7th June, with tables and chairs in Woodquay, where the car parking spaces are now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Geuze wrote: »
    Thanks.

I'm curious - are Hughes or McGinn's in Woodquay open for take-away?

I presume they will be open from 7th June, with tables and chairs in Woodquay, where the car parking spaces are now?

McGinns are open for takeaway, Thurs to Sun currently so I assume they'll do outside seating from 7th, I'm sure I've seen a social media post confirming it. Caribou are open for takeaway currently and will be opening for outside drinks on the 7th too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭xtradel

Sallys from the 7th with an expanded outdoor area at the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

I'm specifically asking about from 7th, beer gardens etc. Not the current offerings

It's highly unlikely the pubs currently open will be closing on the 7th

It's highly unlikely the pubs currently open will be closing on the 7th

True, but at least it will be legal to drink within 100 yards/metres (whichever it is) of the place that served you the drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I’m assuming loos inside will be open to customers (with limited numbers?)

I wonder how smoking vs non smoking will work out. Outside is the realm of smokers but even many smokers don’t like others sparking up while eating. Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

According to this is Galway on Facebook. The streets around the west aren't being closed. So some of those pubs maybe unable to open unless a solution is found

There is another meeting to be had before this is a certainty apparently.. See an update on the Blue Note fb page..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 IrishDM89

Does anyone know places in the oughterard / moycullen area doing takeaway food and pints ? Will be travelling the area this weekend and would like to get something the Sunday. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Bredabe

IrishDM89 wrote: »
    Does anyone know places in the oughterard / moycullen area doing takeaway food and pints ? Will be travelling the area this weekend and would like to get something the Sunday. Thanks
    Moycullen has two Facebook pages, wwhere businesses put up announcement like this,
    Moycullen village news and Moycullen news, businesses tend to post in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I'll be down in Galway later this month, what pub would I be best booking so I can watch the euros in their beer garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Davexirl wrote: »
    I'll be down in Galway later this month, what pub would I be best booking so I can watch the euros in their beer garden.

An Pucan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Rossie11

Is there any place apart from Pucan to watch matches? They are booked solid this week. Has the dew drop the TV outside?

Rossie11 wrote: »
    Is there any place apart from Pucan to watch matches? They are booked solid this week. Has the dew drop the TV outside?

Potentially murty rabbites or taylors

Advertisement