Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Necrus Revisited (Part Three) REVEAL Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ok let's see how that affects our tables...

Position Name Song Score
    1st ShaneU Justice - Genesis (Anakin VS Obi Wan) 16
    2nd Also Starring LeVar Burton Bill Whelan - Riverdance (Saving Private Ryan) 15
    3rd Barna77 All Saints - Pure Shores (Saving Private Ryan) 14
    4th fixXxer Carmina Burana - O Fortuna (Anakin VS Obi Wan) 13
    5th Necrina Taylor Swift - Bad Blood (Anakin VS Obi Wan) 12
    6th JP Liz V1 The Band Perry - If I Die Young (Saving Private Ryan) 11
    7th Trigger Rag'N'Bone Man - Hard Came The Rain (Saving Private Ryan) 10
    8th Electric Nitwit Set Guitars To Kill - And So I Watch You From Afar (Saving Private Ryan) 9
    9th ari101 Vivaldi's Four Seasons - Winter, F Minor (Anakin VS Obi Wan) 8
    10th Sawduck Manowar - Warriors of the world (Saving Private Ryan) 7
    11th Homer J. Fong Bat for Lashes - The Big Sleep (Saving Private Ryan play at 2.50) 6
    12th the purple tin Buddy Holly and The Crickets - That'll Be The Day (Saving Private Ryan from 1.52 onwards) 5
    13th Irish Aris Rammstein-Links 2-3-4 (Saving Private Ryan) 4
    14th Kolido Beastie Boys fight for your right (Anakin VS Obi Wan) 3
    15th Deja Boo Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting (Anakin VS Obi Wan) 2
    16th cee_jay Beyonce - Run The World (Girls) (Obi Wan VS Anakin) 1

Name Improved by Video Video Game Music Song from a genre not usually listened to Song from a Musical 90s Round TV Themes Driving Miss Walrus Scene Music In My Hometown Summer Choons Total
    Deja Boo 12 3 11 7 2 1 6 2 44
    Also Starring LeVar Burton 8 10 12 15 6 7 16 15 89
    Kolido 15 2 1 10 16 9 5 3 61
    ShaneU 16 14 14 2 12 16 4 16 94
    the purple tin 10 1 3 1 9 4 13 5 46
    Homer J. Fong 5 16 2 4 5 12 10 6 60
    Necrina 14 11 6 5 10 15 3 12 76
    JP Liz V1 12 15 5 12 3 2 11 11 71
    Sawduck 4 5 7 8 4 5 12 7 52
    cee_jay 13 13 4 14 11 11 14 1 81
    ari101 9 6 16 13 14 13 9 8 88
    Barna77 2 9 10 3 13 8 1 14 60
    Irish Aris 7 7 8 9 7 6 2 4 50
    Trigger 11 12 9 6 15 10 8 10 81
    fixXxer 3 4 15 11 1 3 7 13 57
    Electric Nitwit 6 8 13 16 8 14 15 9 89

Shane bags a third first place finish and regains the lead at the top of the table, 5 points ahead of both LeVar and Electric Nitwit.

ari is a further point back from them and then Trigger and cee_jay are also clinging on back on 81 points.

With two rounds to go though, this is shaping up to be a photo finish....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Necro wrote: »
    In 2nd place with 15 points

LeVar

Bill Whelan - Riverdance (Saving Private Ryan)

I had some laugh when this came through but do you know what, it absolutely works.

From the sombre build up to the releasing of the wheel and the lads dropping like flies in unison with bullets flying, to the synchronised diving off the boat and jigs underwater – then it picks up and the lads are dancing up towards the beach.

There’s even a shot of a lad who looks absolutely exhausted from Irish dancing (ok he’s dead… same difference right?)

Even the explosions and lads flailing around on the beach match up. It’s just perfect even up to the crescendo where Hanks puts on his hat and gets ready to join in on the ceili session, er I mean the fighting... :pac::pac:

Great choice, loved it. There’s something new to pick out every time you rewatch it as well which is what I love… so difficult not to give this top spot… but I couldn’t on balance… so close though.

NINE for the video, 7 for the song.

First thing I did was see what songs were on one of my Spotify playlists that were the exact same length as the clip, and when I saw Riverdance there, I just had to give it a whirl. I was amazed how well it synced up. Landed on the right song on my first try... :D

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Seems like tomorrow is free as well folks, so I'm planning a double round reveal finale kicking off from about 7pm with 'In My Hometown'

Will post some of my own hometown... erm... talents shortly and see you all tomorrow :D

I just wanted some homegrown music here basically folks, be that from your own little corner of the world or countrywide, I always find it interesting when people submit artists from their own town… such as these fine folks if I was entering…

I guess you could take a wander into Sligo too if ya wanted… I guess :pac::pac:

So what did y’all pick? Lettuce find out! Toughest round to get through in all honesty here, wasn’t gone on many of the entries! :eek:

I just wanted some homegrown music here basically folks, be that from your own little corner of the world or countrywide, I always find it interesting when people submit artists from their own town… such as these fine folks if I was entering…

Uh-oh. Does it matter if they're not from there originally but are living there now? The original description did say "based in your hometown" rather than "from your hometown", so that's what I did for mine.

I honestly can't think of anyone notable music-wise who's actually from the area! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Good work gang!
    Especially Shane and ASLB, great picks

I found this round near impossible, so I'm happy enough with my 8th

It's exciting being near the top :D
    I'm not convinced I'll still be there at the end of tomorrow though!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

First thing I did was see what songs were on one of my Spotify playlists that were the exact same length as the clip, and when I saw Riverdance there, I just had to give it a whirl. I was amazed how well it synced up. Landed on the right song on my first try... :D

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Inspiring LeVar, what a pick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I missed the end of last night, some great choices :D
    Good to see I'm still trying to claw my way onto the podium! ;)

Uh-oh. Does it matter if they're not from there originally but are living there now? The original description did say "based in your hometown" rather than "from your hometown", so that's what I did for mine.

I honestly can't think of anyone notable music-wise who's actually from the area! :o

Just catching up here - no I wasn't too strict on this at all so don't be worrying about that.

Getting ready for the grand finale which will be kicking off in less than 30 mins...

In 13th place with 4 points

Barna77

Freddie Mercury & Montserrat Caballe - Barcelona

I’m probably getting slated for this but I found this a little boring if I’m honest… sorry!

• Advertisement

In 12th place with 5 points

Homer J. Fong

Donovan - Mellow Yellow

Very depressing. Like his voice isn’t bad but there’s bugger all emotion in it, just sort of drab and monotone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Homer J. Fong

Donovan - Mellow Yellow

Very depressing. Like his voice isn’t bad but there’s bugger all emotion in it, just sort of drab and monotone.

Enough about Homer, what did you think of the song?

fixXxer wrote: »
    Enough about Homer, what did you think of the song?

200.gif

In 11th place with 6 points

LeVar

Heathers - Forget Me Knots

This is ok, yeah that’s fair I think. At least it’s more upbeat. As an aside, what are y’all trying to do, put me to sleep? :pac:

Just catching up here - no I wasn't too strict on this at all so don't be worrying about that.

Getting ready for the grand finale which will be kicking off in less than 30 mins...

Oh good, that means I might still get a go.....

Homer J. Fong

Donovan - Mellow Yellow

....well never mind then. >_<

Interesting you thought this was depressing though, I thought the opposite; for me thus is a fun, light-hearted, silly, happy-sing-along song*. I assume he sounds drab and monotone to give the stoner hippy vibe, as was the style at the time.

Some interesting trivia; the voices you can hear in the background during the horn section in the middle include one Mr. Paul McCartney among their number.

*if you ignore the possibly dodgy-as-fúck "14" lyric, I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

In 11th place with 6 points

LeVar

Heathers - Forget Me Knots

This is ok, yeah that’s fair I think. At least it’s more upbeat. As an aside, what are y’all trying to do, put me to sleep? :pac:

I like this one, I also like that it not being in the top three helps my hope of a podium finish (if I can avoid the dreaded bottom 3... but shhhhhhh) :p

In 10th place with 7 points
    Electric Nitwit

You – Mirrorkicks

This is better, though your man’s voice – is he 5 or something? Did puberty pass him by or what? Just don’t like his voice whereas I can dig the rest of the track.

In 9th place with 8 points

Sawduck

The Clancy Brothers - Mountain Dew

I can get behind this. At least it’s not music that puts me to sleep or tries to kill me :P Also Sligo getting a mention earns you some extra credt :D Leitrim's mention removes that though, so... :pac::pac:

Nice voice, enjoy the tune behind it. Whistling at the start is a bit annoying but I’ll forgive it that.

In 8th place with 9 points

Cee_jay

The Cranberries - Linger

Temptation to rank this number one and be done with it was very very strong. It marks the split and massive chasm in quality between the top 8 and everything else at the very least. Nice entry, one of only arguably 4 big big artists submitted in this round… On balance though I went with some other tracks ahead of the more famous entries.

In 7th place with 10 points

Necrina

AC/DC - Thunderstruck

Tis a classic. Hometown though… hmmm. I’ll let the resident Aussie away with it I guess :P I can’t in good faith score it any higher than this though no matter how much I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I don't fancy me chances here.
    Any slow, chilled out, laid back songs seem to get the raspberry from Necs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Necrina

In 7th place with 10 points

Necrina

AC/DC - Thunderstruck

Tis a classic. Hometown though… hmmm. I’ll let the resident Aussie away with it I guess :P I can’t in good faith score it any higher than this though no matter how much I like it.

Hometown, HA! Nothing famous came out of my hometown!

Necrina wrote: »
    Hometown, HA! Nothing famous came out of my hometown!

Apart from you my dear...

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bmg13s5fkix67d0lx4jxfcziqbgii8c0eracq8u2q&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Mine doesn't even have a youtube video :pac:

In 6th place with 11 points

fixXxer

The Ramparts - The Rocky Road to Dublin

Ah this is just great, reminds me of the sing songs we would have in the pub after our panto shows. I miss both of those. Great choice.

Trigger wrote: »
    Mine doesn't even have a youtube video :pac:

Actually...

I found one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

At least I stayed true to the category I suppose.. 2 of my mates in the band :D

In 5th place with 12 points

Irish Aris

Cyanna - Better Not

This is a cracking track, love that you took the risk of entering the Greek artist too. Very well played!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

In 10th place with 7 points
    Electric Nitwit

You – Mirrorkicks

This is better, though your man’s voice – is he 5 or something? Did puberty pass him by or what? Just don’t like his voice whereas I can dig the rest of the track.
    Now I can admit I just entered my mate's band :D

• Advertisement

Now I can admit I just entered my mate's band :D

Hope he doesn't read Boards...

f9324f5fa29d7cc932cbb1b870aabadc.gif

200.gif

Advertisement