Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Camry hybrid query

• 31-05-2021 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    I have a quick query for anybody that knows about the Toyota Camry hybrid car. Im looking at buying a 2nd hand one, a 2013 reg (Japanese import) and the guy in the dealership thinks that the back seats cant be folded flat...Id be surprised if he was correct, surely this is a common feature in all saloons or am I wrong...I gave it a quick google and all the hits said you could, so Im hoping somebody here has a car like this and can advise me if its possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Buffman

They mustn't have much interest in selling it to you if the dealer can't be bothered to get up off his hole and check it properly for you!

To answer your question, page 65 of the owners manual says they do fold down.

https://www.toyota.com/owners/resources/warranty-owners-manuals/camry/2013

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,799 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

On the hybrid the seats don't fold down as the hybrid battery is held between the back seats and bootspace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks Atlantic Dawn - if you are correct this is a pity, I was pretty keen on the car but this would be a big issue for me, transporting bikes etc I find it very handy to be able to fold the rear seats down and have always had cars with this feature....

Advertisement