Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

PCP on Honda Civic

Options
  • 31-05-2021 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Considering PCP on a new Honda Civic and thinking of going with the 1.5 Turbo S Design CVT (182bhp). Not sure what's what's better drive between the CVT and and manual but leaning towards the CVT as I've gotten used to driving automatics.

Any thoughts on this or any other similar cars I should be considering in this price range (35k)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭passatman86

Not much use to you - but great choice of car i would like one. Wonder what the power delivery is like

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The current Civic is being replaced with a new model at the end of this year or early next year. Something to consider if buying new especially if going PCP.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 followmeup

bazz26 wrote: »
    The current Civic is being replaced with a new model at the end of this year or early next year. Something to consider if buying new especially if going PCP.

Would you think that would mean there'd be a good discount too be had on one towards the end of the year if a new model is coming out for next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Should it be expected that the new model will be more expensive than the current model?

I could hang on until next year but 35k would would my budget

• Registered Users Posts: 29 iBaxter

Should it be expected that the new model will be more expensive than the current model?

Yes its always a bit of a dilemma this, true its usually easier to cut a good deal on an outgoing model, but this must be weighted against the resale value in a 3 or 4 years time, as it will depreciate quicker than the new model. On the other hand I think with most new releases with new cars they bump the price up a fair bit and the demand is higher, resulting in longer waits and lesser discounts. All in all it depends on your requirements if you are happy with the outgoing model and get a good deal, consider going for it. Eitherway you are in a good position with lots of choice for your €35K.

On another note Im not to familiar with the civic you are going for, but Ive had a few Hondas over the years, and found them to be extremely high quality, although replacement parts used to be expensive for them, Im not sure if thats still the case. Best of luck with it.

• Advertisement

followmeup wrote: »
    Would you think that would mean there'd be a good discount too be had on one towards the end of the year if a new model is coming out for next year?

It's hard to know with Honda. They don't sell in large numbers like VW or Toyota, their dealer network is also small so their margin might be small also. It probably depends on what stock they have too. If there are only a small number of cars left in the country spread across all the dealers then they might let them sell as normal. As I said Honda dealers wouldn't be churning over high volumes.

The current 1.5 turbo petrol or any diesel won't be available in the new model either as I think the new model will have a few hybrid variants instead so take that into account too if you really want a 1.5 turbo version. Prices irrespective are only going one way and it's not down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

It's hard to know with Honda. They don't sell in large numbers like VW or Toyota, their dealer network is also small so their margin might be small also. It probably depends on what stock they have too. If there are only a small number of cars left in the country spread across all the dealers then they might let them sell as normal. As I said Honda dealers wouldn't be churning over high volumes.

The current 1.5 turbo petrol or any diesel won't be available in the new model either as I think the new model will have a few hybrid variants instead so take that into account too if you really want a 1.5 turbo version. Prices irrespective are only going one way and it's not down.

Had a look at look at a few videos on YouTube and the new model does have the 1.5 turbo but these were American models. Do you think they will not produce the car with the 1.5 turbo engine on this side of the pond?

EU emission regulations are alot more stringent than in the US. The last time I read about the new model they were not offering it in Europe as they were going to offer a hybrid with similar bhp anyway. They could have changed their minds since though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Had a look at look at a few videos on YouTube and the new model does have the 1.5 turbo but these were American models. Do you think they will not produce the car with the 1.5 turbo engine on this side of the pond?

I would not count on 1.5 with new model. Its really stupid how manufacturers decide which models and engines to offer in Ireland. I am surprised 1.5 civic got a green light here as it would definitely the one I would go for. For example there are 1.5 petrol Ford focus too, but ireland never got them. Same with Seat leon 2.0tsi 190hp ones. You aither need to buy 2 hamsters in a wheel under a hood, or a hot hatch in Ireland. You can't have something nice that can overtake and have some power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Gru

Considering PCP on a new Honda Civic and thinking of going with the 1.5 Turbo S Design CVT (182bhp). Not sure what's what's better drive between the CVT and and manual but leaning towards the CVT as I've gotten used to driving automatics.

Any thoughts on this or any other similar cars I should be considering in this price range (35k)

i have the manual civic since new, (171) when it got to 3 years the dealer persistently rang me to upgrade/sell it on as they were looking for the stock, but i am keeping it for as long as it drives.

my wife and I love driving it, the interior, the feel, the power of the car is the best i've driven so far, (i have driven Audi/ford/toyota...etc)

it's 4 years old now and just sailed through the NCT (i know thats not worth much) but we've had no problems with it since we got it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭wpd

Gru wrote: »
    i have the manual civic since new, (171) when it got to 3 years the dealer persistently rang me to upgrade/sell it on as they were looking for the stock, but i am keeping it for as long as it drives.

my wife and I love driving it, the interior, the feel, the power of the car is the best i've driven so far, (i have driven Audi/ford/toyota...etc)

it's 4 years old now and just sailed through the NCT (i know thats not worth much) but we've had no problems with it since we got it.

which engine model do you have?? is it petrol or diesel

Advertisement