Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Glenamoy Sheep Farmer

Response to Cartman78....

That twitter account is a bit for sure Cartman78. In saying that it isn’t the first time I came accross stories like this. There are a few big subbies in London from down our area and they got a few calls looking for money. One of them donated to purchasing a car for a manager once. Car was supposed to be returned when the Manager left but it wasn’t.
    Cartman78 wrote: »
    In a moment of weakness and ill judgement I had a quick look at the Twitter account...what dafuq is going on there???

It's a bit too bonkers and earnest to be a parody account....reads like a niche Mayo GAA version of Q-Anon

Anyway lads what do ye think of the team for tomorrow? Personally I am delighted to see Erris man EOD get a run. I hope to God Horan doesn’t act the bolloxs with the team selection like last week. I see Gallagher from Ballycroy called him out on this. His father Pat Gallagher is a sound man so not surprised the son is calling out this type of carryon.

Jesus I don’t know WesternZulu. Why are we moving away from our traditional colours. No other county is doing this or have I missed something. Anyone have any idea what is behind all this chopping and changing?
    Lovely jersey in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,176 ✭✭✭✭km79

Jesus I don’t know WesternZulu. Why are we moving away from our traditional colours. No other county is doing this or have I missed something. Anyone have any idea what is behind all this chopping and changing?

It was a completion to design the jersey
    A 6 year old won it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

In total agreement with you.

Full awareness it's the alternative jersey.

It may be heresy to say it but I'm not a big fan of it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Hmmm, new account registered after the twitter man was banned, same kind of language and grammar employed in poor attempts at juvenile humour, one of his first posts spreading rumors again about mangers and money, not suspicious at all, no sir :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Anyway lads what do ye think of the team for tomorrow? Personally I am delighted to see Erris man EOD get a run. I hope to God Horan doesn’t act the bolloxs with the team selection like last week. I see Gallagher from Ballycroy called him out on this. His father Pat Gallagher is a sound man so not surprised the son is calling out this type of carryon.

Don't forget MG also has skin in the game as he failed to get elected to the board at thr last elections.

No need to be so suspicious Coilite Bhoy. Rumours come somewhere between truth and lies. Humour is a matter of personal taste. Enjoy the game tomorrow. No doubt there will be plenty to talk about after.
    Hmmm, new account registered after the twitter man was banned, same kind of language and grammar employed in poor attempts at juvenile humour, one of his first posts spreading rumors again about mangers and money, not suspicious at all, no sir :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Response to Cartman78....

That twitter account is a bit for sure Cartman78. In saying that it isn’t the first time I came accross stories like this. There are a few big subbies in London from down our area and they got a few calls looking for money. One of them donated to purchasing a car for a manager once. Car was supposed to be returned when the Manager left but it wasn’t.

That subbie called again - he said he was only winding you up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭Panrich

A green and red second jersey would be a bit superfluous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

No need to be so suspicious Coilite Bhoy. Rumours come somewhere between truth and lies. Humour is a matter of personal taste. Enjoy the game tomorrow. No doubt there will be plenty to talk about after.

You must have some amount of Gmail accounts by now.

Glorious day,great to be alive!

What I wouldn't give to be strolling up to MacHale Park rather watching the game indoors.:(

Jack Carney starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

seligehgit wrote: »
    Jack Carney starts.

Anyone else have problems paying? Wont accept card details

franklyon wrote: »
    Anyone else have problems paying? Wont accept card details

I signed up for the season ticket or whatever with no issues.

Try clearing your browser history etc or use an alternate browser?

Great to have James Carr back !!!!
    We have some nice options in the forwards now
    Cillian flying fit as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

km79 wrote: »
    Great to have James Carr back !!!!
    We have some nice options in the forwards now
    Cillian flying fit as well

He looked like he was limping as he went off for halftime.

The continual renaissance of Lee Keegan is great to see although he'd want to be careful as he's sailing close to the wind vis a vis a second yellow card.

Matthew Ruane is making that number 8 jersey his own.

Great debut for Darren McHale.

James Carr is now flying after those two initial wides.

Cillian's imperious as ever.

Really nice options up front.

Still giving teams goal chances when they run at us.

Not a great second half to put it mildly.

Play Clare in the semi final.

Toss of a coin for venue.

Darren McHale stood out amongst the new personnel on show today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Andy Moran is so easy to listen to commentating.
    Thoroughly enjoyed hearing him. He has a great honesty when he's analysing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭statto25

seligehgit wrote: »
    Play Clare in the semi final.

Toss of a coin for venue.

Darren McHale stood out amongst the new personnel on show today.

The Sunday Game just said because we play Clare in the semi there is no final.....why?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭naughto

statto25 wrote: »
    The Sunday Game just said because we play Clare in the semi there is no final.....why?

It's a week before the sligo game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭statto25

naughto wrote: »
    It's a week before the sligo game.

OK I get it now after some head scratching. Not sure why they cant play the final the week before the champ matches especially as teams have been rotating.

statto25 wrote: »

It’s all a bit silly really imo
    Cork beat Clare today but missed out on possible promotion to div 1 on points difference and instead face possible relegation to division 3!
    I think we picked a good year to get relegated assuming we beat Clare ....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

km79 wrote: »
    It’s all a bit silly really imo
    Cork beat Clare today but missed out on possible promotion to div 1 on points difference and instead face possible relegation to division 3!
    I think we picked a good year to get relegated assuming we beat Clare ....

Really has been ideal imo, Div 2 has probably allowed a bit more freedom to blood new lads and get their confidence up.

Have to beat Clare though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

I definitely think an odd foray to division 2 is not a bad thing. You cant blood young lads in division 1, they are getting battered every week and come championship their confidence is rock bottom. In d2 they can get a head of steam up.

Galway going down to division 2 a few years ago was the making of their team.

PARlance wrote: »
    Really has been ideal imo, Div 2 has probably allowed a bit more freedom to blood new lads and get their confidence up.

Have to beat Clare though.

If we dont we can for get about doing anything this yr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

I definitely think an odd foray to division 2 is not a bad thing. You cant blood young lads in division 1, they are getting battered every week and come championship their confidence is rock bottom. In d2 they can get a head of steam up.

Galway going down to division 2 a few years ago was the making of their team.
    Galway spent a number of years in division 2 because it was basically their level at the time. Kevin Walsh who doesn't get enough credit for the job he did especially by his own supporters got things organised and played a huge part in making Galway an established Div 1 team again.

• Advertisement

Galway spent a number of years in division 2 because it was basically their level at the time. Kevin Walsh who doesn't get enough credit for the job he did especially by his own supporters got things organised and played a huge part in making Galway an established Div 1 team again.

Dont no about that I'd prefer walsh to be still there rather than Joyce.joyce will get them right if giving time and will be a threat to us more so than the rossies

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement