Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCU : Infinity War/Endgame Werewolf - Gamethread

Options
1108109110111112114»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

ari101 wrote: »
    Beers definitely -I'll even bring a can or Carnation ;)
    For WW depends if there is... etiquette? Because the only was I get through poker is by laughing my head off all the time, because I can't bluff, so I go into full crazy high giddy mode so people don't know if I'm giggling because I've a good or bad hand :pac: I'd need to do the same in in person WW or I'd be a dead giveaway :D

Etiquette is very straight forward

1. Drink beer/wine/cocktails/fruit juice
    2. Laugh
    3. Chat
    4. Play werewolf
    5. Shoot Baggly
    6. More Werewolf
    7. Stop off at playground enroute to next pub
    8. Pet dog in pub
    9. Drink more.
    10. Repeat
    11.?????
    42. Hangover.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

11 can be

Injure ankle on said playground

(Oh, just me then? :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

2. Laugh
    3. Chat
    4. Play werewolf
    5. Shoot Baggly
    6. More Werewolf
    8. Pet dog in pub
    9. Drink more.
    10. Repeat
    11.?????
    42. Hangover.

Sounds good to me - there is a good lot of dog friendly pubs these day too :D

Necro wrote: »
    11 can be

Injure ankle on said playground

(Oh, just me then? :o )

So far just you....... I think. Although didnt Keith nearly get sick on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

2. Laugh
    3. Chat
    4. Play werewolf
    5. Shoot Baggly
    6. More Werewolf
    8. Pet dog in pub
    9. Drink more.
    10. Repeat
    11.?????
    42. Hangover.

I got as far no.1 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Trigger wrote: »
    I got as far no.1 :(

Are you sure you've never drunkenly shot baggly (or do you really not drink - we can get you some nice mocktails? ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

2. Laugh
    3. Chat
    4. Play werewolf
    5. Shoot Baggly
    6. More Werewolf
    8. Pet dog in pub
    9. Drink more.
    10. Repeat
    11.?????
    42. Hangover.

11 can be balloons!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ari101 wrote: »
    Are you sure you've never drunkenly shot baggly (or do you really not drink - we can get you some nice mocktails? ;))

Baggly wasnt playing the MCU game so its possible someone shot him for reals. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

It should really be 'attempt to shoot baggly'

Sorry to be pedantic, but Vale rarely hits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

I'm still not sure what happened to me over the last few days. I hope I haven't ruined werewolf for everyone or the game for anyone and if I have somehow, I could try to make it up to someone if they'd make it clear what I could do.

I'll be stepping away from Werewolf because I'm not cut out for it. I'll be taking a break from forum games as it's for the best.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Reberetta wrote: »
    I'm still not sure what happened to me over the last few days. I hope I haven't ruined werewolf for everyone or the game for anyone and if I have somehow, I could try to make it up to someone if they'd make it clear what I could do.

I'll be stepping away from Werewolf because I'm not cut out for it. I'll be taking a break from forum games as it's for the best.

No harm to step away from Werewolf. That's what I've done too. I really hope you won't quit Forum Games altogether though. Take a break if you feel you need it, but please do come back soon. You certainly didn't ruin Werewolf for anyone as far as I can tell. There is nothing to "make it up" for so please don't worry yourself on that score.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Take care and take some time for yourself but you are a valuable FG team member player runner etc., and will be a huge loss and missed

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

You did nought wrong, you were a great player in a great game even Trig commented you had the wolves clocked early on

Look back at WWEF game where I did a major fcek up but still returned

Again take care

Baggly wrote: »
    It should really be 'attempt to shoot baggly'

Sorry to be pedantic, but Vale rarely hits me.

See this is why you get shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

quickbeam wrote: »
    No harm to step away from Werewolf. That's what I've done too. I really hope you won't quit Forum Games altogether though. Take a break if you feel you need it, but please do come back soon. You certainly didn't ruin Werewolf for anyone as far as I can tell. There is nothing to "make it up" for so please don't worry yourself on that score.

Agreed.

Rebretta I really enjoy WW at times and other times I find it daunting. I suffer from mental health issues regularly and to be honest it’s one of the reasons I don’t play WW more often. Honestly I don’t know what you think you did or what happened but go easy on yourself.

If you get into a WW game it can really unsettle you. It’s hard to not take some accusations and attacks (although usually done in good spirit of game) personally. It’s paradoxically part of the allure and part of the reason why I don’t play. When I have more time to play and feel good in myself , WW is awesome. But when I’m feeling low or have less energy/time WW is a slog, almost like homework!

I think the community here is great TBH. I’ve had harsh words with some in the past and I’ve acted like a child in some games, particularly one where I was less then gracious in response to being pulled up on something by mods. But I don’t think anybody holds it against me , holds grudges and everybody in here is nothing but welcoming to me.

Take care of yourself rebretta.

See this is why you get shot.

*shots are attempted

Reb i wouldnt tax yourself too hard. Its just a game and the fact you are being so hard on yourself tells us nothing was intended by it (and by all accounts nothing permanent or negative happened because of you). The game played out as it played out. The thing about WW is there is no 'correct' way of a game going. They go as they go!

If WW doesnt suit you, it doesnt suit you; doesnt mean you arent a valued member of the FG community.

Mind yourself and we are all here whether its tomorrow, the day after or any other day you want to come back and play any game in the forum (or not play, if you want).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'd echo the sentiments of the others here. If WW isn't for you, there's no issues at all there whatsoever.

I've fallen out with loads of people over WW and I think *most* of them have forgiven me over time anyways.... the key thing is (and sometimes this can be very difficult particularly if you're not in the right headspace playing) not to take anything said in game personally. Even at that, when you're getting pilloried by an entire village it can be very tough going at times. Sometimes the right thing to do when it does affect you in a certain way is to just step back and get out of that situation.

The thing about FG is, especially in the past few years - there's so much other stuff to take part in here nowadays, I don't even need to list them all - primarily because YOU have been a massive part in running most of them! Sheep, Peehs, Walrus - you've been a big part in making that an enjoyable experience on the forum for others. So don't be too down about it, and come back and play (or don't, simply just observe if you would prefer that) whenever you like.

Baggly wrote: »
    *shots are attempted

My aim is like a stormtrooper.

d2d6e607f90b699c53b9403a4e071341.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Hi sorry I was not around enough for the game. Some of it was financial (cut off by 3 for non payment) some of it was my own choice (I won't use work devices or wifi for social media) and some was RL stuff (never just one crisis in my life at a time.)

Beaker you really pull out all the stops when you do a game. Taking on so many players, modding on your own, backrooms for everyone. All this on top of your own RL stuff. And so positive and patient. You are a bit of a hero yourself.

Reberetta, I was not around all the time this game cos I was killed off (!) Just to let you know, when I saw your posts saying you messed up I went back over the second half of the thread again and I saw nothing like that. No person messing up, no mistakes made. Just people playing a game. And werewolf is just one game. There are so many other games I have seen you play and like someone else said, you are an integral part of this forum. Take a break from werewolf if you wish but don't disappear.

• Advertisement

Sorry Beaker - spamming the thread to test if the posts are visible on the homepage, now that the WW forum is public and not a group.

Success!

Advertisement