Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2021 General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Beautiful day in Galway. Got my first sea swim done. There will be plenty more of that until end Sept.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

A beautiful morning in Leitrim unfortunately by midday the cloud moved in and stubbornly refused to move. On the plus side, it didn't rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Lovely day in Cobh in the end... my station maxed out at 18.7c and it felt warmer. Had that lovely slight continental haze too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

A glorious day in North kerry.
    Spent 5he afternoon in the garden.
    When I Checked the weather station at 5 it was 22C.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Spent the afternoon and evening in inland north Co. Dublin and it was amazing. Best day of the year by far. Practically no cloud, whereas there was some bubbling up further inland as I left here (Celbridge) earlier.

Suomi, 2 pm.
    554492.jpg

Max temperatures.

554490.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Lovely day here as well, went up to the beaches around Downings for a spin earlier

IMG-20210530-155133.jpg

IMG-20210530-160359.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Literally not a single cloud in west cork, nor the entire way back to the city today and none at the moment either. An absolutely brilliant day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭appledrop

Donegal Storm delighted you got a nice day as you often miss out up North.

Beaches look amazing, they look quiet enough, unlike Portmarnock beach today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

How many of the last 15 years have we more or less went directly from Winter to Summer!!
    2021 added to that list!!

Crazy stuff we spent last 6 weeks at 12/13C and then bang 23C!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

How many of the last 15 years have we more or less went directly from Winter to Summer!!
    2021 added to that list!!

Crazy stuff we spent last 6 weeks at 12/13C and then bang 23C!!

Don't panic. It won't last :)

• Advertisement

Don't panic. It won't last :)

Ah hopefully we will get tomorrow and Tuesday out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Glorious weekend
    Just glorious

km79 wrote: »
    Glorious weekend
    Just glorious

It really was and do you know what made it even more special, today felt like a 'normal' summers day.

Everyone was outdoors enjoying themselves, laughing and having fun, there was no masks(I'm sure Dr. Tony would have had a heart attack if he was there).

Sunshine always lifts us as a nation but if there was ever a time when we really needed it, its now.

Beautiful day in Galway. Got my first sea swim done. There will be plenty more of that until end Sept.

Cluedo I'm not a fan of swimming in Ireland, too cold for me but went swimming twice today and loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

We are in a very different airmass now for the foreseeable with temperatures regularly topping 20C through the week and into next weekend.
    So yes not all sunshine but you can ditch your aran sweater for a while lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭pauldry

Saturday 20.3c
    Sunday 22.1c

Sligo

Not a bad weekend all told

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

We are in a very different airmass now for the foreseeable with temperatures regularly topping 20C through the week and into next weekend.
    So yes not all sunshine but you can ditch your aran sweater for a while lol

June is likely to be a fairly mild to warm month. No high temperatures on the horizon for us yet but high teens to about 21C for much of the coming week, warmest in the east with less of an Atlantic influence.

GFS rolling out now looking increasingly warm for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,078 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Fantastic weekend here in West Clare, today especially, up to 22°c and sunshine all day bar 2 hours from about 4-6.

Kilkee was jammed! Had a few pints myself, great to see such a nice atmosphere around. The difference a bit of weather makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Dublin Airport microclimate doing its thing at 1:00 am. It recorded a temperature of 6*C while every other station in the region reads 3 or 4*C higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Some difference since yesterday! Noticeably cooler today with a decent breeze in cork city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭mcburns07

jackrussel wrote: »
    Some difference since yesterday! Noticeably cooler today with a decent breeze in cork city.

Still very pleasant though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

15c in Cobh but winds gusting up to 30kmh already. Sea breeze is killing it unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,557 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

some hazy sun in Dublin but plenty of cloud, windy too, had expected it to be better but can't complain at least it's not cold!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Cloudy here in Meath, but at least it's dry and mild.

Spoke too soon it's gorgeous out and the breeze is warm, even here at the seafront

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Cool cloudy breezy day Cork City

Roasting now in back garden, no clouds at all, feels hotter than yesterday

lovely day here again in Meath after a very cloudy start. Plenty of sun and 21C.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,078 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Sunny morning/afternoon with a bit of cloud, got to 21.1°c earlier, high cloud gradually increased obscuring the sun around 2pm, down to 17.2c now with light rain.

West Clare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,094 ✭✭✭pad199207

Absolutely glorious in Wexford

Advertisement