Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Necrus Revisited (Part Three) REVEAL Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Deja Boo wrote: »
    I think we all know the answer to that... :p

tenor.gif

Yeah you would think.. but Necro

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 15th place with 2 points

JP Liz V1

Ima Robot - Greenback Boogie (Suits)

Again, just a bit too boring for my tastes. Not for me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Necrina wrote: »
    Smeg! :p

I feel like this is an insult...

S6UwZzl.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Are you sure Necro it's not 2nd place with 15 points, as that suits better :p

In 2nd place with 15 points

Necrina

Alabama 6 - Woke Up This Morning (Sopranos)

Alright. It’s an obvious choice but there’s a reason it’s an obvious choice. Absolutely brilliant theme song for a brilliant TV show. I never get tired of hearing it in all honesty.

But seeing as you Smegged me, or whatever that means you get minus 1 million points. I'm only half serious mind. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Necro wrote: »
    I feel like this is an insult...

S6UwZzl.gif

I'm pretty sure this is more offensive than Jive Turkey... memories of Cards Against Humanity :pac:

In 2nd place with 15 points

Necrina

Alabama 6 - Woke Up This Morning (Sopranos)

Alright. It’s an obvious choice but there’s a reason it’s an obvious choice. Absolutely brilliant theme song for a brilliant TV show. I never get tired of hearing it in all honesty.

But seeing as you Smegged me, or whatever that means you get minus 1 million points. I'm only half serious mind. :pac:

So minus 500000 points?

In 16th place with 1 point….

Deja Boo

Addams Family Theme

Clicks are catchy, but in all honesty I’ve been hearing this for years and now I just zone out when it pops up on the retro playlists. Sorry...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Starting to think Necro just hates Deja Boo...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

whaaaaaaat!

I was worried when people were sending actual songs with lyrics :pac:

• Advertisement

In FIRST Place with 16 points….

ShaneU

The Crystal Maze – Forcefield

*Shrugs* This is just classic 90s tv and a fantastic theme tune to boot. I love when they play it in the dome and all the eejits are grabbing silver and gold pieces of paper after spending the day being locked up in various parts of the set. Never really moved from top spot if I’m honest, though Alabama 3 did push it all the way tbf. A very worthy winner.

Pssst...

Necro...

Its Alabama 3

Just for curiosity how would Firefly have done?

Starting to think Necro just hates Deja Boo...

:pac:

:eek: I do not!

I don't even know who submits the songs on my listen throughs. As poor purple tin found out in my last Quickfire... :o

Pssst...

Necro...

Its Alabama 3

I did say I was cranky writing this round :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

In FIRST Place with 16 points….

ShaneU

The Crystal Maze – Forcefield

*Shrugs* This is just classic 90s tv and a fantastic theme tune to boot. I love when they play it in the dome and all the eejits are grabbing silver and gold pieces of paper after spending the day being locked up in various parts of the set. Never really moved from top spot if I’m honest, though Alabama 6 did push it all the way tbf. A very worthy winner.

Ah love this, was a big fan of the show.
    Anyone done BodaBorg in Boyle - great craic (except for the dark bits, which I make someone else go through first :pac: also knee pads and old trackies are a good idea :D)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Just for curiosity how would Firefly have done?

In the bin with the TV show

Trigger wrote: »
    In the bin with the TV show

The win bin or sin bin :D

Ok a brief break and I'll launch into the next round.... but first... the standings

Position Name Song Score
    1st ShaneU The Crystal Maze - Forcefield 16
    2nd Necrina Alabama 3 - Woke Up This Morning (Sopranos) 15
    3rd Electric Nitwit Riverboat Song - Ocean Colour Scene 14
    4th ari101 Angel Opening Theme 13
    5th Homer J. Fong Vonda Shephard - Searchin' My Soul (from Ally McBeal) 12
    6th cee_jay Agatha All Along (WandaVision) 11
    7th Trigger Pratt & McClain - Happy Days 10
    8th Kolido The Racoons - Closing theme 9
    9th Barna77 Neon Genesis Evangelion Intro 8
    10th Also Starring LeVar Burton Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten 7
    11th Irish Aris The Dandy Warhols-We Used To Be Friends 6
    12th Sawduck Total Drama Island - Theme Song 5
    13th the purple tin Tangerine Dream - La Parc LA (Streethawk theme) 4
    14th fixXxer Red Dwarf - Main Theme 3
    15th JP Liz V1 Ima Robot - Greenback Boogie 2
    16th Deja Boo Addams Family Theme 1

Name Improved by Video Video Game Music Song from a genre not usually listened to Song from a Musical 90s Round TV Themes Driving Miss Walrus Scene Music In My Hometown Summer Choons Total
    Deja Boo 12 3 11 7 2 1 36
    Also Starring LeVar Burton 8 10 12 15 6 7 58
    Kolido 15 2 1 10 16 9 53
    ShaneU 16 14 14 2 12 16 74
    the purple tin 10 1 3 1 9 4 28
    Homer J. Fong 5 16 2 4 5 12 44
    Necrina 14 11 6 5 10 15 61
    JP Liz V1 12 15 5 12 3 2 49
    Sawduck 4 5 7 8 4 5 33
    cee_jay 13 13 4 14 11 11 66
    ari101 9 6 16 13 14 13 71
    Barna77 2 9 10 3 13 8 45
    Irish Aris 7 7 8 9 7 6 44
    Trigger 11 12 9 6 15 10 63
    fixXxer 3 4 15 11 1 3 37
    Electric Nitwit 6 8 13 16 8 14 65

So Shane is still out in front, three points clear of ari... there's a small gap of 5 points back to cee_jay then with a few hot on her trail

Still four rounds to go though folks, as we saw previously you're only as good as your last round....

Deja Boo wrote: »
    hmm...
    giphy.gif

lol, nah, I just don't know the cool selections all you gamers do! :) your song selections are great!

Addams Family theme song is class.

And your Shania Twain pick from yesterday deserved so much better.

I got you back... Nevermind this Necro fella... :D

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The win bin or sin bin :D

The rubbish one

Mainly when I’m driving I like songs that get my blood pumping and keep me focused. Power ballads that I can absolutely yowl out like a cat being strangled also work :D

Some interesting choices above… :P But enough about me, what about you guys? Let’s find out…

Much like the 90s round, there were not really any bad entries per se, just ones I liked better really.

Great idea for a category, I wonder who came up with it....

watch me crash and burn now :D

So when you said "Driving Songs", I guess what you really meant was...

giphy.gif

:D

Uh oh

In 13th place with 4 points

ShaneU

The Edgar Winter Group - Free Ride

This round was very hard because there were so many good entries it left it very difficult to rank them, much like the 90s round. This was a really good choice and I’m sorry to have to put it so low, just the other tracks I preferred a little bit more.

(As you can see, I was less cranky writing this round :pac: )

I listen to podcasts or Pearl Jam in the car and after subjecting JGF to a Pearl Jam song for every occasion I made sure I didn't submit any PJ in this one..

I went with something I thought you would like in the car.. I may be down low as a result :pac:

In 12th place with 5 points

Kolido

Cyndi Lauper - I Drove All Night

I have to admit I much prefer Orbison’s version of this song. This is still very good though. This round is so tough, genuinely liked all the entries.

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bzzmd95m69duyrcchcbh41y481t0dveyvaqgnc1gs&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Only catching up on the last few cats now. Seeing all the buffy songs earlier reminded me of this absolute classic!

Advertisement