Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to watch MSNBC live from Ireland

Options
  • 30-05-2021 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I really, really miss <snip>. I'm a NJ USA ex-pat living in Ireland the past 35 years, and I got to watch, just by chance, the insurrection in the Capitol on 6 Jan as it was unfolding live on MSNBC. On <snip>. But several days after that, <snip> was forced to go dark because they pissed off one too many a sports broadcaster. Oh well, I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later.

OK, so all over the web there's these sites claiming that you can watch US television if you have a VPN so you can spoof your location. I have a VPN, it's <snip>. Try to log onto MSNBC while purportedly being in Chicago (or anywhere else in the U.S., for that matter) and you immediately run into a brick wall: they ask you to sign into your cable TV provider, and I of course don't have a U.S. cable TV provider.

I'm pretty sure these sites are just trying on a bait and switch to sell VPN subscriptions to people, even though it's feck all use in most cases, but I might be wrong ��. Anyone know a way around this?

P.S. Is there something like <snip> that carries MSNBC?

Mod - don't get into details of workarounds, please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

It's a VPN not a magic backdoor to every password protected site.

Discussing ways to pirate content is not allowed on boards, even though 90% of the discussion of US TV here is about people watching stuff not currently legitimately available in Ireland.

The nod and the wink is the norm here, perhaps you have friends/family in US that can nod and wink too?

metzomagic wrote: »
    P.S. Is there something like Mobdro that carries MSNBC?

Yes, any IPTV provider offering USA channels will have it but you cannot discuss it here on boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 metzomagic

OK, thanks for the very courteous slap on the hand, folks. Sorry, new here obviously. Won't happen again.

Sat in a car parked up ⬆️ n a drivethru in Mayo, on a mobile phone, visited https://www.msnbc.com/live. Played just fine. Said sonething about a preview but *shrug* I dunno, seemed to work for me…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭SteM

Sat in a car parked up ⬆️ n a drivethru in Mayo, on a mobile phone, visited https://www.msnbc.com/live. Played just fine. Said sonething about a preview but *shrug* I dunno, seemed to work for me…

The preview bit is important, you're only allowed 10 minutes in the daily preview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I like to watch US tv using my IPTV. I'm amused by the number of pharmaceutical advertisements.

I've an LG tv with the smart IPTV app so it's seamless using the tv remote.

I first got into IPTV because I was pissed off at the premier league splitting matches so I couldn't use being ripped off sky sports to watch all of liverpools matches.

Nothing is free, but not being ripped off

Advertisement