Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funeral during covid

Options
  • 22-04-2021 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

My mother died recently. Neighbour sent a text and Mass card. I was out walking few days after the funeral and they waved but did not stop. I don’t meet them very often. I was a bit put out that they did not stop and sympathise. I know Covid restrictions etc but just wondering what people think.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

First of all, I'm very sorry for your loss.
    It's difficult not to be able to have the usual gathering that happens for funerals, and the chance to talk, and to cry, and even laugh sometimes, and for people to sympathise with you, in the usual way.

I suppose it could be that they happened to be going somewhere time specific. Sometimes too, people don't know what to say or do, especially in the current climate.

Even in ordinary times, people worry about the 'right' thing to say. Or worry about upsetting the bereaved all over again, by talking to them, afterwards.

It could be any of those things.
    I hope that you are doing okay, it's a very difficult time. Mind yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 eternalblame

Does anyone know what the latest rules are regarding funerals? I can see from the guidelines that up to 50 mourners are allowed at a funeral now. What about inside the church, is it socailly distanced and all wearing masks ? And are gatherings before and after still not allowed ? Thanks

Advertisement