Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland sends diplomat to China this weekend

Options
  • 29-05-2021 5:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭

https://www.reuters.com/article/china-europe-diplomacy-idUSL3N2NF2AI

The Irish government, along with counterparts from Serbia, Hungary and Poland are sending representatives to China after an invitation to visit the country for meetings.

The Irish media seem to be very quiet on this as I can't find it mentioned on any Irish news site, especially the government mouthpiece RTE.

Do we think this is a significant move?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,376 ✭✭✭✭zell12

TheJournal.ie - Simon Coveney is travelling to China this weekend
    A spokesperson for Minister Coveney said his visit was arranged in the context of the UN Security Council and he is not travelling in conjunction with other foreign ministers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Are there any jinpings hailing from Ballyhaunis we can exploit?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Are there any jinpings hailing from Ballyhaunis we can exploit?

I don't know about that, but couldn't we send Portlaoise's finest?
    After all, Dr Ging is Director of the Operational Division UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

kowloonkev wrote: »
    https://www.reuters.com/article/china-europe-diplomacy-idUSL3N2NF2AI

The Irish government, along with counterparts from Serbia, Hungary and Poland are sending representatives to China after an invitation to visit the country for meetings.

The Irish media seem to be very quiet on this as I can't find it mentioned on any Irish news site, especially the government mouthpiece RTE.

Do we think this is a significant move?

Are you joking? They do the opposite and are overly critical, feeds the moaning classes in this country who like to bellyache about everything.

Advertisement